nova 2 or dungeon hunter 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by McFlyHigh, Dec 19, 2010.

1. McFlyHigh

McFlyHigh Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    i just got aralon and i only have enough for 1 so which one? and how well will both work on an ipod touch3g(32gb) also for the multiplayer on both how easy is it to find a full game. star battalion is a third choice but only if alot of people play it online.

thanks for any help

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Definitely NOVA 2. I just finally beat the game and I have to say it now ties the original NOVA as my favorite Gameloft game of all time. You won't do wrong when purchasing NOVA 2.

3. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    It really depends upon if you liked the first dungeon hunter a lot and which genre you like more.

4. McFlyHigh

Jul 7, 2010
    ohh thanks for the replys and i havent tried the first dungeon hunter. also can you choose your loadout like what weps you use in nova 2? or is it like the first one in which you just pick up the weps

5. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You pick up new weapons as you progress in the game.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You choose the loadouts as you get higher and higher ranked in nova 2 just like you do in mc2, but there are also weapons to pick up around the map. It's very balanced and gives beginners a change to contend with players who are level 50+. Since you already have Aralon, go with Nova 2. It's my favorite Gameloft game so far, and that's really saying something since I'm a big fan.

7. McFlyHigh

Jul 7, 2010
    well it looks like ill be picking up nova 2 but how well will it run on a ipod touch 3g(32gb) and how will the graphics be on my ipod

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It'll run perfectly, but of course the graphics will be dumbed down by quite a bit since you're missing retina.

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not really I just took these couple of shots on mine graphics are still great gameplay is very fluid dont forget the touch 3rd gen 32gb and 64gb has exactly the same graphics chip as the 4 series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like both dungeon hunter 2 and Nova 2 though so it's really what genre you prefer more both are good games.

10. kitehimuro

kitehimuro Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Wrong. The 3rd gen is missing the Retina screen (the 4th gen is missing PROPER Retina screen as well so that's a moot point) and only have 3GS hardware. Now big levels/lotsa players multiplayer matches run like utter shit on 3GS so be aware of that.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If they run like shit on third gens then they run likes shit on the fourth gens as well because its the same GPU (PowerVR SGX GPU 535) on both 3rd and 4th Gens in fact the same GPU in the Ipad as well.

12. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    actually unfortunately the 3GS suffers from a fill rate issue which doesn't necessarily make up for its 4x less pixels, because it uses a 32-bit memory bus. also, its processor doesn't have as much cache OR run as fast, which means the CPU is contending more with the GPU, and the CPU is very important for big multiplayer games.

the flash is a lot slower which will lead to larger hiccups as chunks of levels are loaded...

HOWEVER games usually have FSAA turned on now on the 3GS. if Gameloft was careless and neglected to test it properly they may have discovered it couldn't keep up with FSAA on. it's the ONLY reason it shouldn't be outperforming the iPhone unless CPU is *really* important.

13. McFlyHigh

Jul 7, 2010
    so nova 2 will run like shit on my ipod touch 3g(32gb)?

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #14 Teknikal, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    No it won't if anything it will run smoother than the fourth Gens as it doesn't have to deal with Retina and I've seen none of those problems on any game and I have all the newest ones..

Take it from someone who has actually played it on a 3rd gen it runs perfectly and the graphics are great.

15. kingofkings8183

kingofkings8183 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Hey guys should i pick up NOVA 2 or shadow guardian?

16. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!
    Nova 2!