Zombie Bunnies - Coming Soon 2011

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lavafish Studios, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Lavafish Studios

Lavafish Studios Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    [​IMG]

We are officially announcing our next game. And it will be…

Zombie Bunnies!!!

When an experiment goes wrong, the Good Dr. Bunny is turned into…the EVIL Dr. Hare. With hate in his heart and a lab full of bunnies, the Evil Dr. Hare begins making plans for world domination. Soon his horde of Zombie Bunnies will be unleashed…are you ready?

Coming Soon 2011!!!

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I was reading and thinking: this could be cool but then i read "Lavafish Studios", so its an insta-buy!

3. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    Official Announcement Thread for Zombie Bunnies

Hello All,

I just wanted to add to my above post and state that this thread is going to be the official news thread (other than our Lavafish Studios website) for our next game "Zombie Bunnies".

I'm going to try and post new info, art, and other tidbits about the Zombie Bunnies each week (Sunday or Monday), so keep checking back so you can track our progress.

We are aiming to have this game ready and in your hands in hopefully no more than 2 months, AND we're aiming to have a beta test (when the game is ready for one) that we'd like to have a few Touch Arcadians be a part of.

So, stay tuned to his channel for all the goods on Zombie Bunnies.

Thanks!

4. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    @TheFrost: Thanks man, we're working really hard to make this game SUPER FUN. Squirmee won't even compare to it :D

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    That statement got me all exited ;)

Also, how is the Squirmee REDUX going?

6. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    @TheFrost: Squirmee REDUX is coming along well...taking more time than I estimated. I have the first 25 levels all done, only 50 more to go...I'm aiming to have it back to you guys no later than the second week of October. Then the truest version of Squirmee will be out :D

7. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Any hints as to how the game plays?

8. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    @caanerud: All I can reveal for now is that it's an Action Arcade game with lots of destruction :)

Each week I'll reveal more and more...

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, totally excited about this! Squirmee has given me hours upon hours of awesome gameplay... If this gives me even half the entertainment as that, I'm gonna enjoy it quite a bit. =oD

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  11. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Action? Arcade? Destruction? Zombies? Bunnies?? Add some water physics and vampire birds and you will have the top-selling App store game F O R E V E R.

12. Mjeffrey

Mjeffrey New Member

Aug 20, 2011
    lol, jeez, now I'm going to try to have to convince my partner we somehow include those things in the gameplay. XD

Thanks everyone for the support! :D

-Morgan (The Lavafish Artist)

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    LOL perfect answer

14. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    The Doctor Is In...

The development of Zombie Bunnies is going great. Here's another tease to wet your appetite. As development continues we'll reveal more and more.

[​IMG]

In order to take over the world, the Doctor needs the help of his furry little friends. But cute, fluffy bunnies won’t do the job…the Evil Dr. Hare needs him some ZOMBIE BUNNIES!!!

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Awww, that's so evil! D:

16. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry for the delay in our update. This past Monday was the birthday of 1/2 of our team (our artist) and so our celebration delayed our work :D

But, we finished our next teaser and here it is below.

[​IMG]

The Evil Dr. Hare has blueprints to create four different types of killer Zombie Bunnies:

• Shoot Bunny - This bunny flies fast and straight. It does little damage but can overwhelm with numbers.
    • Drop Bunny - Its razor sharp teeth are great for biting off the heads of its victims.
    • Bomb Bunny - This bunny is explosive. It causes massive damage to all in its blast radius.
    • Fat Bunny - The sheer size of this bunny is what makes it so dangerous. It’ll bounce and roll leaving nothing but death and destruction in its wake.

17. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    Small Break in Promos

We figure the next thing you guys want to see is some actually in-game images or something like that, right? So, we're going to hold back on the promos for a week or two so we can dive deep into coding/design/making Zombie Bunnies.

Our next update will show off some actual gameplay! :D

(On a side note we just released a MASSIVE update for our puzzle game, Squirmee REDUX. Check it out here.)

18. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    #18 Lavafish Studios, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    Zombie Bunnies EARLY Gameplay Footage

We finally have a great update to show you guys, our first ever gameplay video for Zombie Bunnies. It's coming along great BUT there's still a decent amount of art and animations to do BUT we're shooting to have it out before 2012 so...fingers crossed!!!

In the game you control Dr. Hare in his ship and launch zombie bunnies (which are just circles in the video) at unsuspecting...and suspecting humans to destroy, conquer and RULE THE WORLD!!!

19. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    Teaser image of our main menu!

[​IMG]

Here’s another teaser image…this time of the Zombie Bunnies’ main menu!

The game has been coming along nicely and it already looks much better than our earlier video, hopefully next week we'll have another video to show you guys with much more finalized art-work and animation!

20. Lavafish Studios

Jul 1, 2011
    Obviously we didn't hit our "Coming Soon 2011" milestone BUT we are VERY, VERY...stupidly VERY-LY close to being done, so, barring any unforeseen craziness Zombie Bunnies should be available unto all before the end of this month (Jan. 2012).

I'll give an exact release date AND post actual screenshots of videos of the game with COMPLETED graphics when we get a little closer to shipping (in a couple of weeks).

Thanks, we're really excited about releasing this game and hope everyone has a great time playing it (when it comes out :D).

Lavafish