Multipong is the first great "4 players on 1 iPad" game - what's next?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jensen, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I was able to download Multipong, and it is an absolute blast with 4 players playing on the same iPad. This is something that's seriously awesome that could've never been done on the iPhone or any computer.

I wonder what's next for in-person social iPad gaming, and does anyone know some other great games that work well with 4 players on a single iPad?

2. skidbubble

skidbubble Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that multipong is the first 4 player game.

Check out Uno by Gameloft. It has been out since the day the iPad launched.

3. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Well, to me it is the first "great" multiplayer game that I have found, that is all I was saying. Uno is cool, though not my style personally.

4. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I believe he said "first great 4 player game". Uno would certainly win for first "minimal-effort-iphone-port-that-didn't-put-in-any-effort-to-fix-the-issues-with-the-original-app-in-the-first-place 4-player game".

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

How about PadRacer? 4 player on same iPad with one rather large caveat! Each player needs an iPhone, as that acts as the controller!

I'm still waiting for my mate to come round with his phone so we can try it but it looks pretty sweet :)

6. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    That sounds cool! I'll have to check that out (PadRacer)!

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Gobble Gator HD
    ISOCards (+4 iPhones/iPods)
    Castle Tiles

If SlotZ Racer ever gets updated properly for the iPad it will be FANTASTIC! (I's already pretty cool at 2x!)

Carcassonne is coming, and Face Fighter Head2Head is only 2 player, but too good to not mention. ;)

8. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Pong4four is a game for iPad and iPhone which is the same as Multipong...

9. dyepbr

dyepbr Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Castle bash is pretty fun too... Similar to multipong but definitely went the retro route.

10. fingerlab

fingerlab Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Paris
    #10 fingerlab, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    sorry?? did you play with it?? Pong4four
    We had our first Multipong version (witch look and fell like pong4four today) juste 2 days after steve jobs present the ipad around February 15 if i'm remember well!. it's not an iPad game, it's like a adobe flash game!
    We worked hard during 4 months to get Multipong for iPad!
    I'm sorry for developers but, please don't compare this with Multipong.
    i'm notice that we still working on Multipong it to get it better! a lot of new greats features in a soon future.
    T1
    Fingerlab

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Snail Mail is really good and offers four player split screen racing on one iPad. Also offers a two player co-op mode.