Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. ohyeahdanny

ohyeahdanny New Member

Apr 4, 2011
    i haven't played the game yet, but i do know that on april 5th, 2011 is when the LP comes out...

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Highlight below:
    If you've aquired the dark moon trigon and destroyed the great hollow tree then you'll have to start from the beginning again I'm afraid, this doesn't take as long as you may think once you know what you're doing though.

3. Transmatrix

Transmatrix New Member

Apr 4, 2011
    How do I restart the game?

4. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Press the stop button on the main screen with the record spinning (the square above the info button).

5. cmgchris900

cmgchris900 New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    ok so I'm on session 3. I woke up, went into the dream world, walked across the water and went in the tree and talked to the badass ghost. I have no idea what to do now. I read about fighting a boar in the tree but I haven't fought anything. I've wondered all around the dream world and real world. what do I do!?

6. leo_aze

leo_aze New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    #86 leo_aze, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

More spoiler stuff:
    I'm guessing it's the release date of S:S&S EP Micro (for iPhone/iPod Touch) on May 5th.
    http://www.swordandsworcery.com/news/

7. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Highlight below:
    Try again now, the new moon phase has just come into effect tonight on the game so it's no longer the dark moon (the dark moon is when the boor doesn't appear) he usually lurks around the start screen in the dream world so go back and climb all the way to the top of the hill where you start, he should be there, when he sees you he will run off 1 screen at a time, follow him to the great hollow tree to finally fight him.

8. maxb12

maxb12 New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    about the secret spoiler message/number :
    I just called the number and the message changed but I didn't understood what it says (English isn't my primary language - I can understand basic numbers, but not much with all of these effects over the voice) Can someone check it out ?

9. brortao

brortao Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Denmark
    I can't understand it either, apart from the word "return" a few times. It seems that since we've passed April 5th and the lunar cycle has changed the message has changed as well. Also, someone (maybe superbrothers?) made a twitter account here about the transmission. There might be some more hints there.

10. tiglionabbit

tiglionabbit New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I recorded the message.

Here it is in .wav format, as well as a sped up version of it: http://db.tt/HdCy7uW

I think it's saying "Let the ... curtain ... raise", surrounded by "return again/begin" twice.

I was thinking they'd put in some sort of clue in the phone message that'd make you want to go back and try something in the game. But... Perhaps this isn't a clue at all. The mini version and the soundtrack were just released, and "let the curtain raise" goes along with that quite well. Perhaps they'll add something to this in a later update.

11. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    So i am at 9% and i do not really know what i have to do. there is a giant black something following me... i entered an area with a statue and then the monster suddenly got faster moving. What do I have to do?
    I have not yet gotten the games idea:-(

12. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Just run your butt off!

13. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    totally stuck at 28%

After I summon that first sprite from the Area with the rainbow and cave face thingy.

14. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Also am stuck at trying to summon the little bugger. What do I rub? The rainbows or something?!

oh yeah....2k posts..

15. nthn

nthn New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    discovery below
    I sped it up and raised the pitch and played it backwards. The word 'again' is very clear in it but before that i can't figure it our. maybe "Oh God, again"? but there is something with and "s" in it "smorgah" is how it sounds...

16. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I think the message says: Return again when the dark (pretty sure it's dark) moon reigns.

17. keyofnight

keyofnight New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #97 keyofnight, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Ah! So: the next new moon is on May 3rd-May 4th, so perhaps we should call the number again when that happens? I'm not sure if it's just that, or if we should beat the game on the next new moon. (I suppose it's easy enough to beat the game…)

18. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I would assume: Call back on the new moon. A there will be a whole slew of new S&S players when the iPhone version hits at the end of the month. Having a new message ready for them around the beginning on May sets the timing up pretty well for them to get it. Just my guess. Wonder what the new message will be? ;)

19. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Im at he bit where you have to fight the bear in the giant tree but i cant defeat him. What is a good technique for killing him without dying. I tend to die a lot.

20. CHANibus

CHANibus Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I'm at 43%. Are my only options wait or manipulate time on my own? Please advise. :)