Elroy And The Aliens - A Comical Cartoon Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jerrnej, Aug 20, 2014.

1. jerrnej

jerrnej Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    #1 jerrnej, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Hello you lovely people!

Our studio goes by the name Motiviti and we have always had one straight and simple goal -- to make an adventure game. We are indie.

Today, we are presenting the first trailer for our upcoming 2D puzzle-adventure game Elroy And The Aliens to you awesome girls and guys! :)

Yes, yes, busted. We're complete suckers for 80’s & 90’s point and click games. I instantly fell in love with the genre (even though it took me one day to get the barf from the ceiling in Day Of The Tentacle).

[​IMG]

We also adore cartoons as one could tell. Old school. Tom & Jerry from the 1950's, Looney Toons and the old Disney stuff.

[​IMG]

Oh, and sci-fi … Let’s not forget about sci-fi.
    We just came back from vacation on Naboo. :)

[​IMG]

All the art and most animations in Elroy are hand crafted. All speaking characters have voice-overs. The music is original. And there is a ridiculous amount of love in every single bit of the game ...

We wanted to recreate the old-school adventure games feeling for the modern player and design the game with the touchscreen in mind.

Our goal is to provide an immersive, challenging, but not too difficult puzzle-adventure experience. A game that you can complete in one long rainy Sunday afternoon or in multiple sessions at your own pace.

We plan to release the game on iOS late 2015. After that we will make it available on other platforms, too (Android, PS Vita, PC/Mac ...)

Twitter: @ElroyTheGame
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ElroyTheGame
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/MotivitiGames
    Presskit: http://elroythegame.com/presskit/

Thanks for your time, people, and don’t be shy to comment or ask anything if you feel like it :)

Cheers,
    Jerrnej (@Jerrnej)

[​IMG]

Update #1:

This is how we do it the old-school way. Watch the hand-drawn 2D animation process behind Elroy And The Aliens:

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I love the heart that this has. Day one purchase for me.

3. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    Thanks! Glad to hear that. :)

4. Naboo ? Star wars fans ? Oh yeah sounds great.

5. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    Guilty ... :D Thanks!

6. Crazybreadman

Crazybreadman Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    App Developer
    Washington
    Hey, looks like a fun time! Nice how you included the star wars-like melody in the trailer haha. That's cool you're bringing it to the Vita as well :)

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    Woww, for an indie team you guys surely has an ambitious project as this one looks like a high production value. I'm so interested in this game. looking forward for more awesome news or progress from you guys and thanks for making iOS your primary platform before stepping forward to another platform.

8. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Getting some serious Day of the Tentacle vibe here :)
    Nice work!

9. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    Thanks, Crazybreadman! There's just too much of indie goodness on Vita to let this platform out :)

Thanks redribbon! I'll make sure to keep you guys updated :) It was our plan from the beginning to go "mobile first". Glad you like that idea, too.

Thanks, Alan-C! :D

10. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    Hey, hello again fellow gamers!

Can you help us chose the color for the alien spaceship in Elroy And The Aliens?

Pick #1, #2, #3 or #4 and let us know which one you like best!

Many thanks! :)

[​IMG]

11. the #4th one. Match perfectly with the others colors from the others screenshots.

12. The Morning Son

The Morning Son Active Member

May 21, 2014
    Sweden
    I really like how this game looks! Hope it's fun to play as well. And I think I like the #3 and #4 ship best. Can't decide.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I like the blue and the yellow ones, which should be the 2nd and the 4th.

14. dhammerer

dhammerer Member

Aug 16, 2014
    #3 red is best! Day of the Tentacle vibe, yes!

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Game looks really interesting and I actually like number 1 the best it looks like a more natural colour. 3 after that and then 2 and 4.

Haven't played too many point and click games but will be keeping an eye out for updates here.

16. Balders

Balders Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Digging the cartoon style. Love the animation of Elroy reaching into his coat. Been a long time since I've played a point'n'click adventure. Interested to see how this turns out.

17. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

Really liking the look of this! Hopefully not too much emphasis on the "late" in the anticipated "late 2014" release. ^_^

And I'll go for ship number 4.

18. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    Wow, guys! Thanks a lot for your input and for liking Elroy. :)

I promise we will do our utmost best to make Elroy nothing but a super-sweet gaming experience.

As for the spaceship colors, right now we have 8 votes here on TA, distributed as follows:

#4 - yellow: 4 votes
    #3 - orange: 2 votes
    #2 - blue: 1 vote
    #1 - brown-ish: 1 vote

Seems that you like the yellow one the best :D

19. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    We did some pre-beta testing with our families over the weekend.

Here is some proof. A photo of my awesome nephew Nik being super-excited about Elroy And The Aliens.

It is amazing how much one can learn about game design and UX from watching kids playing games and using touchscreens .. Wouldn't you say? :)

[​IMG]

20. jerrnej

Mar 12, 2014
    Lead Guitar
    Maribor
    #20 jerrnej, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Hey people!

Can you give me some feedback on our western slide guitar song from the Elroy And The Aliens soundtrack?

We are all about analogue and hand-crafted stuff -- as for the art, so for the music.

This one was composed and played with a home-made slide on an old acoustic guitar by our friend -- a talented musician/producer and adventure game geek Martin Bezjak