Universal Door Kickers (by Killhouse Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by binlabu, Jun 8, 2015.

1. iosuser

iosuser Active Member

Aug 21, 2013
    The timed missions sounds disappointing. I was thinking about planning and strategy like a real mission not timed and rushed. Hopefully it will get tweaked.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #22 Luciano1084, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Guessing that's why they soft launched.. Work out all the kinks before releasing world wide.. Was super excited but I'll patiently wait.. ##

3. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I think it's like that on PC aswell. So i wouldn't count on it. You don't have to do it within a certain time, but you won't get all the stars if you don't.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Has anyone got a gameplay video on an iPad?

5. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Pah! Ah man soft launch that sucks :p I was hoping this would be out this morning when I got up.

6. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Hey! Door Kickers dev here!

Glad to see some early adopters, just wanted to make some clarifications:
    - the game is not F2P, never was and never will be. Likewise, there are no microtransactions and never will be.
    - at the moment the editor is not available in game. The trailer linked above is actually the PC launch trailer, thats why it includes the editor. That's not our doing.
    - the game is the same as on the PC, same missions, same gameplay. Interface is Touch specific though.
    - the single missions include a 'reference time' that gets you some extra scoring, but its not mandatory to complete that, just something that we feel an experienced player can achieve by optimizing his tactics. Based on our conversations with real life Counter Terrorism SMEs, we feel that speed and surprise definitely have a place in their operations. Caution and stealth are great but all else being equal, ending the crisis faster is better.
    - However you will find that the campaign missions have no time requirement. So think of the single missions as your proving ground, and the campaign missions as your actual Tour of Duty.
    - Also note that the player is penalized for losing troopers, so if you just rush but lose troopers, no go.

Hope the above make sense, and I'd really like to know more about the oversensitive scrolling (as well as any other issues that you have), to see what we can change improve :)

Dan @ KillHouse Games

7. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Cool stuff. I'd like to know when it's going to be available world wide as I'm dying to play it? :D
    Also is there a random mission generater? As that would be cool so you always had a quick game to pick up.

8. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Tentative 2 weeks for worldwide release.

Affirmative for the Mission Generator.

9. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    #29 Cerxop65, Jun 9, 2015
    Guess so

10. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Hi will u guys eventually update with iPhone support ?

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    GC enabled...does that include achievements?

12. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Yes.

Once we're up and running we're thinking about having a go at the larger Iphones. What model are you running?

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Soft-launch the game in Spain and I'll tell you about that oversensitive scrolling ASAP ;)

14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    My patience is running low.. I think I've read here that people could go into other countries app stores and purchase games.. Is that possible? ##

15. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    You need that countries account (not hard to make). But in this case, you would also need that countries currency on your account as it's a paid game...

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I do, but there is an embargo :p

17. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks my friend.. Guess I've got to wait

18. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    We all do... :(

19. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #39 Rangerlump, Jun 9, 2015
    As someone who has over 100 hours in this game on PC (offline steam at work), the campaigns and random generated maps with random seed possibilities give this game endless content.

B&C is OK. I have both on PC as well, IMHO DK > B&C.

instabuy

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #40 undeadcow, Jun 9, 2015
    Personally I couldn't 'get into' the PC edition of Door Kickers; it felt too dexterity based and simple versus what I had hoped. Door Kickers is a real time line drawing game where you manager a team of vague shapes intended to represent officers in a siege using a pause/unpause to plan setup; a seemingly epic idea but the execution felt so simple I found it lacking. It was cool to sweep around rooms/streets and there's some tension when you turn a corner for a gunfight. In some levels there is an 'achievement style' system of trying to three star each mission by completing them within a time without losses. I do think Door Kickers will work better with a touch interface and some levels are fairly quick so perfect for gaming on the go. On iOS there are already a number of similar style line drawing strategy games such as Draw Wars, etc that Door Kickers might feel over-priced or just another in a field of others. I'll be curious about mobile impressions, it's been a while since I player Door Kickers and maybe I'm just jaded.

Unit customization features add a lot of replay/value and the atmosphere is great.