Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I'm sorry to say it didn't work. :( I updated to the latest iOS and followed the steps three times but the neighbour list is still blank, dang it. I'll keep trying every so often, maybe the next update will help.

2. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Happy Independence Day tomorrow to everyone in the USA! :)
    Thanks to all who sent frog gifts.
    I finished Amfractus today and will start on Obaro next.

Thank you,

3. Rvcmodz

Rvcmodz New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Can anybody offer me a hennae?

Thanks in advance

4. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    If you have reached level 30 or above you can win a Hennae by racing one of the other frogs from the same level such as Lime Cafea Fractus or Lime Pruni Nebula.

First get racing frog to 100% happiness and then begin the race. Use a frog potion if your frog starts to fall behind. Alternatively, you can breed with any Hennae in the frog pond and your change is 50/50 to get one as a result. Good luck!

Thank you,

5. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I see your popping by and raise you another!

6. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Good to hear from you again, MartiNZ! I have finished Obaro and am working on Ornatus and Sol frogs. Hope you have good week! Thanks to all who sent gifts. :)

7. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    :(

I still can't send gifts. :( The neighbour list remains blank, and just going there to check it out freezes the game. I'm grateful to those who continue to gift me, but I feel terrible that I can't send back. ;_;

8. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #33709 SnappyMcfrog, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Sorry, you are not able to send gifts. The PF neighbor list sometimes takes a minute++ or more to display on my old iPad mini. Other times it won't come up at all and gets stuck on a black screen. I exit Pocket Frogs app and try again. Sometimes I open the GC app, wait for it to sync and that works. In other instances, I force quit PF app and reopen, wait for GC to sync and that fixes the issue. Hope this helps, or maybe the update will! :)

Per Nimblebit: "The update is currently still in beta but we plan to have it out this week before the official iOS 11 launch. Thank you for your patience."

I have completed the Ornatus, Sol and Gemma breeds and am currently dexing Levar.

Thanks to all who sent frog gifts!

9. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Pocket Frogs v. 3.0 now in beta

Greetings to everyone and a bit a good news about Pocket Frogs and iOS 11 compatibility:

Nimblebit plans to release Pocket Frogs 3.x near the release of iOS 11!

The update will have the following features:

Android compatibility. While the old Android mobage version could not communicate with iOS, the new one will have the capability per NB support site. (Now in beta).

"With Pocket Frogs 3.0+, the new friend code system will allow you to add friends from both the iOS and Android versions. Any previous Game Center friends were lost and need to be re-added with their new friend code. You can find and share your own friend code from the top of the Neighbors screen. "

The awards, catalog, frogs requests and mini games have not been included in newest version of Pocket Frogs.

"In version 3.0+ all awards have been removed. The awards and other missing features may be added back in future updates.
    The sets have also been reset with this update and will need to be re-completed. The rewards for the sets can be earned again when re-completing sets."

http://support.nimblebit.com/customer/en/portal/articles/740833-neighbors

Kind regards.
    Thank you,

10. Froeschi4

Froeschi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Germany
    Hi everybody, it's a long time ago I have dropped in here but wanted to say thanks to everyone who sent me frogs!
    Maybe PF will become more attractive again after the iOS 11 update.

11. JackaboomU

JackaboomU Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Wow, this is really good news. I had lost a little steam in playing lately because I felt like the game was going away, so why bother, but this will get me back into it. Really surprised they figured out how to have the Android and iOS versions communicate, but that's pretty awesome too.

I'm a little sad that the awards are going away, I worked hard for those, but I'll live with it. Maybe just take a screenshot to prove I'd done them. :) Interesting that we need to re-complete the sets. Guess that's fine with me, since I've done them all I have those frogs, just have to remake them.

Thanks for sharing this news, Snappy, and thanks for all the frog gifts too!

12. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    #33713 JackaboomU, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Update is live! Awards are gone, and the habitat view is kinda scrunched now. Also ability to buy another habitat beyond the current 15+ nursery.

One bummer is that it's really hard to use the frogdex now. It scrolls way faster, so that's good, but when you click out of a breeds color, it takes you out of the dex entirely. Makes it really hard to plan what you need to be breeding.

13. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    Not sure I'm a fan of the changes so far, especially visually, as the frogs and everything else are HUGE now on my ipad, but we'll see.

14. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Pocket Frogs 3.03

Pocket Frogs 3.x observations on an iPhone 5s using my backup game:

Catalog is gone, as are all references to it (Devs listed this on their support site, so not a surprise.)
    The motion of the frog jumping in the pond is fast, but not smooth.

Habitats are squished from the summary screen, but expand fully when active.

More habitats can be purchased!

Awards and Frog Requests are gone (again, we were notified of this change on NB support page).

Weekly sets have been reset.

I will stay with version two with my primary game for the present.

Thank you,

Attached Files:

15. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    #33716 JackaboomU, Sep 19, 2017
    All my friends are gone. I went to send a frog and there's no one. It says my friend code is 1D3Z if anyone would like to re-add me.

16. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Long as the Froggydex doesn't reset :) At least I will be able to visit neighbours again. Once I get friend codes anyway.

17. Froeschi4

Oct 22, 2013
    Germany
    I started to replay the game some days ago and now accidentally updated this morning. The changes are quite shocking, especially the moving at the pond! The habitat overview is not available any more which makes it hard to navigate anything. Also I am not able to move frogs into another habitat.
    :eek:

18. Froeschi4

Oct 22, 2013
    Germany
    #33719 Froeschi4, Sep 19, 2017
    @ JackaboomU: I added you! Thanks for the frogs! My new ID is 1JN8.
    For the first time in years I am able to visit a neighbor again! And when I am looking at your habs it's possible to see the overview! �� Why can't I use my own hab overview?

19. Froeschi4

Oct 22, 2013
    Germany
    Okay, now my game crashed completely.
    I swiped to change from the last hab to the nursery and now the game says 'loading'.
    No restart helps. I will have to wait for the next update by NimbleBit. :(