Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Hi Sneeb, I couldn't choose just one from the new group of frogs based on design. Hennae, Fortuno and Emblema are all very nice!

Lisianne thank you for the lovely Violet Bruna Emblema. :)

Many Thanks to Everyone for the gifts! Sending Lotus Hellos and Thank-Yous. :)

2. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26362 XXXBR, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    One azure aurum templum .... One golden aurum templum to give away immediately !

Will have two temple run starter sets ready in about 1 1/2 days time ....just put your hand up and I'll send when ready ..

GC: XXXBR

Also........

Thank you for gifts:

Quossum - cochlearis, Volta , tessera
    Dlstar- an Array of Anuras, igneous
    Meplie- fortuna

XXX :D

3. WackoRobie

WackoRobie Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Been a while since I have been on. Seems like since the switch to Game Center and I lost all my contacts. Any chance I can get a Templum and pyramis? Colors are unimportant really but I don't have either breed. :(

Thanks!

4. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Drat that brainomatic spell check! Here I spend years & years refining the perfect pun & "pfft!" your brain dismisses it in a nonosecond. Alas...

Well, now we have a Weekly Set that presents a challenge to many here & a virtual long-term roadblock on "past set completion" to an even greater number of players well below level 17 or 21. I would anticipate that few of their gazillions of players, outside of this thread or FB, will be willing or able to complete this set & I find that sad.

The one thing I do like is, like the Templum itself, it represents the type of whimsical homage to another indie dev that NB is known for. Hmmm, just now beginning to wonder if the dog skeletos in the basement of TT was their once arch-rival, Zynga. Then again, it'd be domage, not homage.

p.s.: Many thanks to you generous gifters out there: meplie for the Emblema, dom for the Foramen, & dlstar for the Quilta.

5. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Still, it finally validates those of us who have redone the catalogue with new breeds, I guess they were just waiting for the new year to add new frogs to sets.

God, nonosecond, you invoked our autocorrect again!

6. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks you for the frogs
    cocos planeta - awboj
    aqua levar, maroon lunaris & maroon templum - squider
    yellow nebula - mirx
    white flecto - emperor
    golden favus & lime tabula - heeranc
    emerald fortuno - dom
    blue igneous - vivisoto
    yellow pluma & pink tabula - jake
    lime pluma - dean
    yellow templum - grace
    beige papilio - andi
    black levar - nirtew

7. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26367 XXXBR, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    I can help! Just sent you a GC request
    XXX

Ps : both frogs sent!

8. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    I agree with you lisi ...when I first looked at the sets a year or so ago the set on offer was "tribal council" ... A set with many high level frogs I had never seen ... I couldn't make sense of it and didn't return to the set section for a while ...and yes players of lower levels are "road blocked" as you say...from breeding old sets.... My favourite aspect of the game (I'm back to set 15 .. 2011...) ... I suppose they can skip this set and breed future sets (if any) at their level ....
    That's if they can work out that the sets change once a week .... I didn't know that for ages ...

XXX

Ps: thanks Domenic for the beautiful quilta gifts I woke up to this morning!!

9. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I have one Temple Run set or 2 starter set and a couple extra if anyone is interested.

10. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I would like a starter set please.
    TYIA.

11. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Working on the Temple set :) fun. Glad to have one with the new frogs.

Meanwhile, I'm getting a lot of NEW frogs in gifts that are not what I'm working on so I have been giving them away at random.

Please reply to this if you are missing any of the new frogs or need one for a request. Or if you'd like random "ugly" frogs. Never know who best to gift them to. :) thanks 0.1.0 aka Sneebdubple

12. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    sent :)

13. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Major Rant

The essential problem is that, unlike TT where the player has the choice of Missions (before they stopped posting weekly Missions, that is), PF is absolutely rigid in that it presents past Weekly Sets in reverse chronological order. That means that someone would be able to finish many of the earlier sets but is blocked by a set which contains newer or higher level frogs. S/he could do the earlier Mud Skippers Set with ease, for example, but will never get to it until this artificial barricade is breached. I say, "NB devs, tear down this wall!" Make the ability to do past sets à la TT, giving the user the choice of which set s/he can do.

The way it works now is if the player is unable to complete *this* set, it'll be skipped. Maybe s/he will be able to do the next one. But, after finishing, s/he will be presented with the same roadblock set again & again. I am flabbergasted that NB doesn't see what a frustrating situation it has created & has made no effort to rectify it.

OK. I've had my say in a forum where many are advanced & few, including myself, will be affected. Nonetheless when something seems so wrong & lunkheaded, I feel compelled to speak out.

p.s.: Thanks to dom for the Quilta & Andi for the Papilo.

14. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Lisi, I agree that players should be able to skip weekly sets and choose which ones to complete first. Perhaps NB will fix this in an update?

Thanks to Maholah for the Levar,
    Dean for the Emblema,
    Gracesqx for the Nebula,
    Nirtew for the Fortuno,
    Frogparent0 for the Signum,
    Danjarus for the Nebula,
    Dlstar for the Pyramis,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A nice evening to all. :cool:

15. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Sorry for the delay but I finally was able to repair my Internet at my home and now have plenty of this weeks starter sets available. If no one speaks up, my usual victims will be getting them. They are all ready o go.

16. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Maybe if it worked the same way as the achievements so if a habitat matches any set you get an award for that set and you can browse through the sets to see what you feel like going for.

17. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Thanks very much for the Temple Run starter.
    Dom, I just couldn't wait.:D

18. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah except for the associated rewards that rather set them apart from the achievements.

It's interesting, having always been ahead of the curve I never even realised there was an issue, but it does sound like something that might put new players off, and that's no good. Either way I hope they don't stop with PF sets for a good while - odd that they have stopped for a newer game.

19. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Not sure if I am a usual victim but yes please. Thanks also for the Quiltas. I am maturing some frogs for you as we speak. Hope you're not sick of Levars. I'm at the end of them now.

20. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    On the way!