Dead Effect - new sci-fi FPS [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hochy, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    You think the iphone 5C will be cheap? thinking of gettin it if it is..but depends on what A processor they put in it too (hopefully A6) and if they add a good size mb space to it (hopefully at least 16mb)

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Another instabuy even after the expensive week so far.
    Very glad to hear it'll be next week as I've a good feeling about this one.

3. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    #103 Hochy, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Few more answers .

sicksilvo:

"I've asked about chapters because of this video, I like your answer better."
    Yeah, I noticed that video, and I am not happy for it too much.

"Many of my friends are Czechs Also CD Projekt RED is my favorite game studio."
    Glad to hear that! And yes CD Project RED did absolutely outstanding job in last few years in terms of european developers. Where czech developers failed (Illusion softworks/2k Czech or Bohemia interactive), Polish guys shines. I wish to see more developers rise like that here in Europe.

"I like supporting indie devs, they are saving gaming industry in my opinion with fresh ideas. Doing more with less."
    Which is not our case as we are doing stupid zombie shooter...whatever. :)

"That's it from me until I get the game, I'll leave review in AppStore after completing it."
    I don't know how to say this, I noticed, that you are using iphone 4 with iOS5 right (in your description)? Because We will not support iOS5 (Decision to support iOS6+ was hard one, but make sence in term of our capabilities.). Later in this post, a will discribe situation to guys, who are asking for ipod touch 4G support, please read this part too.

squashy:

"Do you guys have any plam for multiplayer? Or this game focuses strickly on campaign?"
    One thing, which we were discussing from day one development. Sadly with such a small team and without money...answer is NO.
    We have plans (rather to say ideas), but Dead Effect is our first and relatively small standalone game.
    singleplayer story mode
    arenas
    achievements
    etc.
    Pretty standard game for now.
    We were discussing about multiplayer last week too with same result. It is unreachable target right now.
    But we will be searching all the time, how to improve our games. Everything depends on success or failure of Dead Effect.

WCFields:
    "what's the file size please ?"
    will be around 600MB.

Mysticpete:
    anteye5:
    Sorry, iPod touch 4G is not officially supported. Before you hate us, read next few lines.
    Now we have few crucial optimalization made by team, but we must implement them into the game, which takes probably two or three weeks of full work.
    And as we don't know yet, if any problems occur during launch of the game (we tested game a lot, but still in closed community), we don't also know, when to do that. It's still one of our highest priorities, no matter what!
    We promise nothing!
    If you are not mad at us, we will need few guys for testing Dead Effect probably on iphone 4 and ipod touch 4G in few weeks(3?) after game release. iOS 6 and later. Highly depends on game launch (success or failure of Dead Effect).

anteye5:
    "Hey will there be any form of close combat such as hitting with the gun or with fists because I love to have a purpose in getting close to enemies and I hate running away."
    No fists or hitting by gun. We have something called RCW (Riot Control Weapon). Also called familiarly by different special units as HOT DOG (High vOlTage Defensive/Offensive Gear) for reason.
    It's my favorit weapon in combination with double barreled shotgun and revolver.
    This weapon definitely helps you save ammo (then you can sell ammo and reach much faster expensive weapons). You will be running really a lot as Dead Effect is pretty dynamic in later phases of the game and in arenas.

[​IMG]
    http://deadeffect.com/presentation/RCW.jpg

Anyway.
    Game is relatively short in campaign, but to maximize all your weapons and augmentations, gain all achievement and finish all arenas....well, it will take little longer. :)
    When I said that campaign takes 2-3 hours gameplay, a meant only single play through campaign game...if you know every polygon in all levels as I do. :)
    Else you will play it probably much longer.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks very much for all that info Hochy.
    It all sounds very good to me so roll on next Thursday.

5. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Well I am sorry to hear that the iPod 4g will not be supported but I half expected such a thing as with time I am becoming more aware of the devices limitations and how it constantly is losing support thank you for answering so clearly. I like the look of that weapon up there too though. Well good luck I hope it's a success.#

6. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I feel your pain, the 4G just doesn't have the ram for newer games.

7. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm definitely getting a newer device, I might get the iPad 3, or mini iPad. Not sure what to get ? The 4G is finished though, I know that. It can't run any newer games, It has always been bad for the good games like Modern combat 3,4, unreal engine games.

8. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    You've the right attitude johnny101, instead of complaining you know it's time to upgrade & thanks hochy 608 mb Smaller than I'd expected

9. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Thanks man, I know that in iOS, a device that's 3 years old is ancient.

10. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
    I hope that the 12th September is still valid !! I can not wait - perhaps to fill time waiting for DT2

11. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Will this have ragdoll physics?

12. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    answers

"DarkPhoenix" Yup.

"WAV 80" Nope. We cut off few standard graphical/ technological features, because of slowdown FPS on older devices. And low FPS is bad, especially in dynamic fights. As I said few times before, Dead Effect is action game (dynamic one...I am not kidding). :)

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Why not have graphics scale for newer devices, instead of cutting out features for all?

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It requires less work.

15. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I hope this game runs & plays well on my iphone 5

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Because, as Primoz mentioned, it requires less work, and it is cost-effective (both time and money... but we all know that time is money)... Especially in the fast moving market of iOS games.

It's not like the high-end-device-users pay extra to get the better visuals.

17. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
  18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    That's actually a very good point and I have to admit that I never looked at it this way...

19. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    All the new games had graphics scale,so,i'm play on my iPhone 5 with same graphics like iPhone 4?come on,i don't want pass this game!