Using User Made WADS in Doom Classic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NightHawk64345, May 26, 2010.

1. NightHawk64345

NightHawk64345 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    Does anyone know how to load user made Doom WADS in Doom Classic without jailbreaking and downloading a Doom port on Cydia?

note to moderator: if questions like this belong in a different part of the forum, please let me know.

2. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    As far as I know, you have to be j/b to put the wad in the doom.app folder. i haven't tried doing it with the port on cydia though, it's crap. app store port is much better.

3. NightHawk64345

NightHawk64345 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    okay, thanks. I've been fiddling with the iTunes port, but my biggest problem is that I can't get iTunes to update the game on my iPod.

4. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Use Disk Aid....it should allow you to access your root partition and then upload the WAD files to Doom.app without requiring a jailbreak

5. bmn02102

bmn02102 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    I'm fairly sure DiskAid only allows you to access the media directories. It looks like you'll have to jailbreak.

Either that or email id and tell them to hurry up and release an update that enables this through the interface - their next update is several months overdue already.

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    No it allows you to acess te root partition...but I think you need openssh which requires jailbreaking.....I just looked this up as I didn't know :p