Universal Zero Lives - a minimalist puzzle game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SnowCoveredGames, Oct 6, 2014.

1. SnowCoveredGames

SnowCoveredGames Active Member

Jun 30, 2014
    #1 SnowCoveredGames, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    This is a minimalist puzzle game with over 30 challenging levels.

Trailer #1 (only shows the first few levels)

Promo Codes:
    TFRYN36MKPM9

A7P734Y3W7WT
    7PY76E9R7PR7
    PN9X7AYRFR9J

MA76HXJFPJPF
    HAALAPX9XY47

TJY47KE63TPR
    XPWYNXYKEML4

NFH4PR9MJYN9
    F67JTX7PLFFP
    F7PHELHXXEPJ

YLT3MATFWLRM
    HRHMMX3M66XE

2. SnowCoveredGames

Jun 30, 2014
    A few of the puzzles:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    How much for this one? Wanting to have a try! :)

4. SnowCoveredGames

Jun 30, 2014
    Price will be $2.99 - release date October 16th.

5. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Looking good! I'm assuming 31 levels?
    Anyway, I'm definitely getting this one

6. SnowCoveredGames

Jun 30, 2014
    Apple has approved the first version. I'd like to gather more feedback before release so please use a code provided in the first post and tell me what you think!

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Awesome!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    YY66R67PLFRH

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I really like it also I personally like how it doesn't have any instructions and you find out how it works on your own. You get these little aha moments. The puzzles are challenging. The only thing I really didn't like was that there was no sound or music.

9. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Took RFAFPFA3N6NL, thanks! This looks very interesting!

P

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #10 slewis7, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    I grabbed 9PWWMTMKTNWY. Thanks!

Edit: It takes few levels to figure out what is going on, but after that I really am enjoying myself. I agree with an earlier comment in that this could use some sounds and music.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm getting some crashes

12. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #12 Lavender, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    WY9PEKTNJNEP Wow. This one was still available! I redeemed. Thank you.

I love this game. Would love it even more if there was a small tutorial and it didn't crash.
    Puzzles make you think. Love it!
    I would also like it much better if I could replay the puzzles I have solved.

As for the crashing. I have an IPad Air. 7.1.2
    I will try my best to explain where the crash is, since the levels aren't named in any way.

I finished all the red heart pieces. Then on to the blue one. (2nd heart)
    Solved the puzzle represented by the whole heart. Then it splits into 2 halves. I solved the right half and it splits into 2. I go into the left half. It crashes the first time I move the ball.

Hope this helps.

It crashes every time I try, rendering the game useless.

Edit:
    I was able to play both pieces of the split half on the right side successfully.
    The left half still crashes. So, that's where the problem is.

Coolpepper: Is this where you are crashing??

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Used PJNAWKTN4FWR

I played to the same area and had no crashing. I now have the blue heart split into four pieces. Very clever puzzles and a quite a unique iOS experience. Object is to move your black orb from one pocket to another eliminating the hearts in between, you can only use the pocket once though. In the blue levels pockets are connected so you start eliminating two at a time. There is no timer so take your time and think it out. Trial and error is okay. Maybe a time trial could be added later. Highly recommended. I found myself holding a straight edge up to my iPhone trying to figure out the lines. My only complaint is that it's very late and I didn't really want to be thinking so hard this late at night. Well done indeed. I'm sure I'll keep at it until I've finished them all. Highly addictive and the puzzles are challenging enough so far with ought being impossible.

14. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Took the very top code, downloading now. I'll post what I think of this soon; the trailer looks great and I can see some tricky levels being made with this mechanic.

15. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Loving it so far, effective minimalist graphics and well thought out puzzles.
    I have had no crashes anywhere on the blue heart.

Puzzles are far above the standard of what we usually get in ios games, but I really really dislike some levels that have 'ambiguous' heart locations; as in, it is not 100% clear whether traveling from a certain node to another will pass through it or not.

I like the way you develop the core mechanic in a pleasing escalating way that builds upon prior information without the need for instructions.
    When I find a game that can do this I know it's something special, there are very few that achieve this 'voyage' of discovery.

16. SnowCoveredGames

Jun 30, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. I can see the crashes are only happening on iPad and iOS 7.1.2. It's possible if you try the level a few more times it might work. The bug seems to be somewhat random from my experience (it's a known sprite kit issue).

I'm working on adding music but unfortunately since apple is now taking 2 weeks to review apps it will be a while before you see that.

17. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    A39EAPP3N3LW redeemed.

These two were also redeemed:

4NMWLFYE9AE3
    PJNAWKTN4FWR

18. SnowCoveredGames

Jun 30, 2014
  19. augustiner

augustiner Active Member

Jul 7, 2011
    #19 augustiner, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    My kind of game. Used A7P734Y3W7WT and downloading now. Looks awesome, thank you.

Played a few levels and can definitely recommend. Pretty steep difficulty progression is my only feedback so far. I know that's very subjective and others may breeze through it. I'm having to play each level 8-10 times after getting past the first few. I'm on the 4-part heart levels now and they aren't easy for me. Some puzzle games ramp up so slowly you can get bored, but that's definitely not the case here. I guess my vote would be for a slightly more gradual difficulty curve.

Only other feedback is on the control system. I would like it to register my next move even if the current move is still in motion. I may mentally make 2-3 moves at a time and quickly tap them out, but only the first move registers. My mind has moved on, but then I have to backtrack and enter each move slowly throwing off my train of thought.

Lastly, a consideration would be for a very time-limited undo feature where the previous position is undoable just for a few seconds after making a move. The previous position could just fade more slowly and be "clickable" until it disappears.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I was lucky and redeemed the first code I tried which was TFRYN36MKPM9

Thank you very much.