The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Everybody's Golf out in the US in a couple hours.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah, I got it. $40 is very reasonable. Only had the chance to play one round, but it's good and I like all the character customization.

3. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Agreed. I took the first quiz and played 9 holes. The golf and gameplay are a blast!

Also picked up Redout bc of the similarities between F-Zero and Wipeout.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Anyone know when the Jaws Pinball and ET for Zen is
    coming out? Also for mobile!

5. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Never mind. Came out today! I knew it was coming soon!

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I picked up a PSVR bundle last night. The bundles are $100 off. I got the GT Sport bundle for $200. Note that it does have the older model PSVR, but if you don't have a 4K HDR TV it's no matter (older model doesn't pass-through HDR, so if you have an HDR TV you'll need to disconnect the PSVR box from the chain to get HDR - 4K still goes through, though). We don't have 4K, let alone HDR 4K.

Have to say that the sensation you get playing it is pretty incredible. So much more immersive then the phone stuff. But I need to take it slow. I did get a little motion sick after playing for a bit. I've read it does take some time to get your sea legs, so I'll just take it slow. My kids jumped right in though and didn't get any motion sickness.

Very cool stuff. I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’m excited to open mine on Christmas. The wife picked up the Skyrim bundle for me. Can’t wait to play the few VR games I’ve already collected. And I’m really excited to play Skyrim for the first time! Sure wish we had an official mobile version of Skyrim in the style of The Quest HD.

9. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Honestly, I’m not awe-struck by hardly any VR games (but there are a few), but I AM getting into some AR games on IOS. Some that I find are fun are, in no special order:
    PowARdup
    Domino World
    AR Invaders
    AR Basketball
    Kidu: A Relentless quest
    Dronetopolis AR
    AR Airplanes
    ARcade Plane
    Fishing GO

(Sorry for off topic!)

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Did anybody else pick up Celeste and/or Iconoclasts? Celeste is a masterpiece and Iconoclasts is really good so far too.

11. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Tempest 4000 out on Wednesday in the US store!

12. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I will never ever ever preorder a sports game again. They took out season mode in MLB 18 the Show. WTF.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's really disappointing. I know they added some auto management of franchise mode, but it would still be nice to avoid all of that management, and even shorten the seasons if we wanted. I haven't picked it up yet, but is it possible they added enough options to franchise that it allows for no managing and for shortened seasons?

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You think it’s time I dumped off my PS4 and got me a Switch? Is it that good? Worth it? The games’ great, or what? we’re talking about for an adult! I don’t want little kiddy games! Whaduya think? Lemme know why, etc.! ;)

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wish I felt reason to buy one, but all the games I want to play are not on the Switch. Shoot, I’d still rather buy a 3DS due to its amazing library. I sure hope the Switch can get more attention from the developers I like, and/or we get a more powerful Switch so they can eventually get all of the games I’m playing now on my PS4. Anyway, I hear Breath of the Wild is good. And the Switch has some FPSs, if that’s your thing. I’m about to play more PS4 stuff through remote play on my Vita. It’s been the exact thing I’ve wanted, my PS4 on the go anywhere with WiFi.

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hey Brah!
    This iz 2018 there will be no dumping of consoles of any kind my Friend. The PS4 iz juz now getting it’z training wheels off, got a nice new helmet and signing up for sponsorship for the dirtbike motocross extravaganza of the decade! You’ve heard of PlatinumGames right? Well i’ve asked for an interview here at our beloved TouchArcade so hopefully we get to ask some “grownfolk” ?’z. You still a Shmup fan right? Well there are Devs and Reviewers that are making it their #1 priority to making The Switch the go to device for the genre of Shmup & Bullet Heaven
    (shout out to the L❤️vebirds over at Studio Mudprints)
    ###SHMUP###.
    Collecting Videogames and Consoles in 2018 in the voice of Ferris Bueller “is so choice”
    ####. Adding an Home/Mobile console to your collection iz juz the TouchArcadian thing to do.

17. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Tempest 4000 created by the great Jeff Minter is scheduled to release on consoles and Steam this Tues July 17. Last time the game was pulled after being in the PS4 Store for only a few hours.