iPad Eliminate [FREE Online FPS] Pulled from App Store, Servers Shutting Down 5/25 R.I.P.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mjmoco, Oct 31, 2009.

1. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I think the auto-fire option should be on by default. People would find the game less difficult.

I´m absolutely adoring this game. I can only imagine when there´s is a capture the flag team mode + VOIP :)

Also...the months i played ifps online did reward me to master Eliminate´s control´s quickly :)

2. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    why? cloaking upgrade? does it make you harder to see when cloaked?

3. yoman

yoman Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2008
    it makes you harder to see period. Fully upgraded you are almost invisible...

4. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    oh no crap! so is there a cloaking value that you can upgrade or does the amount of invisibility increase when upgrading some other value (like armor or speed?)

Thanks!

5. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I still think that the ++SPD Armor is the best, when you pick up an Acceleration PowerUp you're just amazingly Fast.

Almost 500 Pages in 4 days~ woah, Eliminate IS the best game for iPhone so far.

6. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    I have done more than 30$ like i promised at list 8$ a day, i meant it but now i cant because i have all riffle and all upgrades soi still have up to 1500 cells, and i don't plan on using them sooner because of the release of Asphalt 5:( 3rd place in leaderboard might die at anytime because i would love to play both games when i have the time.. Ngmoco, thanks for this social game.. It is really helpful

7. lvillalt99

lvillalt99 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    YMMV, but this is playable on my 1G touch

Thanks ngmoco for a lot of hours of fun (my first purchased game was Dr Awesome, I've 'seen' my family 'die' many times), and more to come...

I second what people are saying about the controls. You get used to them , and things are a lot more fun... (not that I am any good at this game yet)

I guess I would be considered a "freeloader", in that I find a lot of value in the actual free gameplay already provided. It is more likely that I will purchase energy if I play the game, and actually have it on my device. ;)

I have been known to make in app purchases (something I thought I'd never do). To me, the way things are gearing up, this is similar to getting tickets for midway games at a carnival, or extra balls at a minigolf. You are paying extra for extra service. If I am ever playing a particularly entertaining game of "test the armaments" with a fun group of people, I would put a buck or two down to stay up with them. The fact that the plus+ account exists in the cloud actually would make this easier. I have a better chance of taking everything with me to my next device when my current one dies than with those 'locked to a device' solutions... (or am I wrong here...)

My AppStore 'review' is up:

I have a pretty involved process* that I follow to add and remove games from my iTouch. It has kept me going so far ...knock, knock... I read with dread ngmoco's warning about this being not recommended for 1G touch, and prepared for the worst. I got as close to the best instead. I will not be the ultimate player with this gear (1G touch OS 3.1.2), but it is still fun.

Offline play is still fun for me, but online is where it's at. Now go play...

*Process mainly entails: shutdown, reboot, attach to iTunes. Let it auto sync and do its business. When done eject, shut down, reboot, reattach, auto sync. THEN add any new software, sync, eject, shutdown, reboot, enjoy :)

8. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I bought the 30 dollar pack. The game is worth it, and I know I'll blow through these power cells before too long :)

9. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I just bought the 10 dollar pack (7.99 euros). I don't think I'll be spending more on this game. Who knows, maybe in a week or so I'll change my mind :p

I finally got my award for being in the top 10! I'll never make 1st place though, so I won't aim for that.

10. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    Wow you did? btw, it was fun playing with you the other day, you are great buddy:) invite me for actions when you feel like.. I am gonna do some New year story write up for my sister's journal, maybe i should include Eliminate:) story to make it more popular

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    How is that a good thing? Spending 30 dollars for "not too long"? I would say that spending $30 on games by gameloft like Gangstar ($6.99), Asphalt 5 ($6.99), MC:S ($4.99), Blades of Fury ($4.99), and Shrek Kart ($4.99), for one dollar less than the energy pack is a better deal. Which do you want? Tons of high quality games in different genres with tons of play time, or a few hours of energized Eliminate where you earn a few thousand credits?

I would choose the games. But that's just me. I'm a complete cheapo. :p I'm fine with the free content of Eliminate. Asphalt 5 and TouchPets pass the time in between charges. :p (And having a life where I'm not *always* sitting at the computer :p)

Anyways, which should I get once I have enough credits? Antimatter gun (500 credits) or Rocket Launcher (450)?

12. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yep kmac is a bitch

13. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I just can't fathom why anybody would pay 30 dollars for upgrades. Cause that is basically what you are getting for your dollar..Oh man if CoD:MW charged me everytime I wanted new perks or guns I'd boycott that shit in a heartbeat.

And to top it off by padding NgMoco's wallets by paying for nothing (haha I'm still in disbelief.) You are ok'ing them to charge you everytime you want to play with your dog or upgrade your gun. This business scheme is horrible and I can't understand how you all promote it.

This is only the beginning I'm sure. This is paving the way for nickel and diming people for game time on a "free game" I imagine it only gets worse from here.
    I just don't grasp why everyone is ok with this. Why not a monthly subscription? Why not just pay for the game and DLC?

At any rate I'm gunna play some Dragon Age now. Guess what!!!?! I payed 60 bucks for it but I can play that shit till I'm blue in the face AND THEN SELL IT when I'm done!!!

14. solaris7

solaris7 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    ^ Seriously?
    @Fleabag323
    "And having a life where I'm not *always* sitting at the computer"

I hate it when people use that line. You think you are too cool for all of this? Tell me why you are even here posting about games on the ipod touch in a forum dedicated to ipod touch/iphone gaming when you say you have a *life*?

15. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    Haha, my first matches today where against derek and kmac^^ I'm swippy btw. Nice too see that after lvl 17 there is not much diference in power anymore. How do you guys like my speedy tactics/plasma canon. Bummer though my iPhone run out of power in the middel of my game. Will be back soon ^^.

16. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    I totally understand your point and concern.. Gameloft are great with Games. Eliminate is totally only game with fast server and promised updates. In other for Ngmoco to cover up for server maintenance's and quality updates, they made the game free to play but if you want to earn credits then you have the option of buying cells. Lets just support them by buying this stuff so we can expect something greater than this in the future, every one who bought 30$ did it to support the game trust me because i am sure most of us have xbox 360, Wii, Ps 3 and can play other sweet and high graphic online games by rockstar and so own.

17. 20Five

20Five Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Just downloaded this game.. at first the controls seemed somewhat wonky, but I'm getting the hang of it and really enjoying this game.. really flexing the iPhone's muscle here!

18. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I'm not spending a dime on Eliminate. I'm having a freaking blastyblast.

And Ngmoco is brilliant... people can't help but spend money on this stuff. You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.

19. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    are a lot of people using aim assist? I turned it off before I started my first game and assume most people did the same...

20. postalp

postalp Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    kmacleod your a beast, it's almost not fun when im in a match with you.

In summary, Ive noticed the consistent weapon of choice is the Auto Rifle.

But whats everyone's style? Aim for the head zoomed? unzoomed? jump while shooting? strafe? etc...