★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Speed Contest] Win a $10 App Store Gift Card in 24 Hours by Reviewing Free Kids App!

04-25-2013, 06:45 AM
I love these things but I'm not sure if it's the best thing to do, introduce apps to children I mean, won't they have enough "techy" stuff as they grow old? Call me old fashion but I still enjoy the traditional coloring books more, and it's not that bad really, I take them from the internet and just print them out, I usually go to this site called supercoloring, my daughter loves their Disney coloring pages, hope this helps, again, not against apps, just prefer the traditional ones better.
04-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I agree! Coloring books have not gone out of style. I haven't played a coloring app that is as satisfying as the actual coloring experience. I frequently look at coloring books for inspiration.

We made a few coloring pages from our first coloring app. You can download the pdf here: http://www.eggrollgames.com/images/T...loringBook.pdf

I believe that apps should be played in moderation and are only part of a healthy play time. I also believe that apps are creating new learning options for children which is a great thing.