iPad Spider-Man: Total Mayhem - (by Gameloft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Not out in the UK just yet.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    The video is rather impressive the guy seems play quite well. Seems like a game I'll never been able to control well.

About "follow the arrow" things quite many big PC games did that too and that's boring I agree. In Zombie Infection you can disable the arrow and the game is still playable, it just make you wonder why the arrow, in this game it's sort of pointless, at worse you'll walk a bit in the wrong direction but only for a short distance or you'll search few seconds until you quote there's a door to open. Also if you can disable the arrow there's still the visual check points you often see from far.

3. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    How can u tell if the controls are good or not from a picture or until u at least play the game?

4. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Exactly. I've been playing this for half an hour and it's already my favourite G/L game bar-none. Not disappointed. Scales quite well in 2x on iPad and is smooth and rather sweet looking on retina (first hand) combat is fun and feels...right. Nice G/L! Buy buy buy folks, play it for what it is, it might pleasantly surprise you. It does help that I like Spiderman, but it is more than that there is a pretty decent ios game here folks.

5. spider76

spider76 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    Great game but

I've finished first level on easy and I'm loving this game but I'm now chasing rhino and I just can't keep up any tips. ( sorry for the noob question )

6. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    lol wtf, thats easy. Just chase him! Dont stop and rescue those bloody hostages or fight bad guys until you beat the boss, theyll just get infected by green goblin/venom blood and try to kill you.

7. spider76

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    Ok

Should have read the instructions , this game is so much fun I have to say gameloft have upt there game.

8. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    games great

ive just finished the first level and i must say its way better than iron man 2 and most other gameloft titles ive played. very fluid and the colors look awesome on iphone 4. games just keep getting better and better! spidey does some real cool moves using his web to. umm not sure what else to put but ide have to say i havent finished a lot of gamelofts games cause i find them boring but this one i may actually finish. i am also not a big spiderman fan. thought the movies where dumb, but as for a game its pretty kick ass and i cant say how awesome the graphics and colors look on iphone 4!

9. FranksWildYears

Aug 10, 2010
    #89 FranksWildYears, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    Okay, not-so-positives first...

- After playing through the first level I've already had two occasions which I've fallen through the scenery to my death. Of course, it's hardly the first game to feature such a bug but either I've been really unlucky or it could do with a fair bit of tightening in an update.

- This is much more nitpicky but I'd like an option to change the position of the evade / Spidey sense button to the right hand side. But of course screen space makes this a tricky one so it's really what I imagine I'd find easier rather than what is practical for the developer. So not a complaint as such.

All in all, this seems very promising. Excellent visuals, a very nice combat engine and extremely slick.

10. spider76

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    Wow

As someone who generally can finish a gameloft game in an evening , I can safely say I am loving the challenge in this game ( biased as I am as a massive spiderman fan as I am ) . For once the voices are spot on and the gameplay is great fun , if not a bit linear , although it flows really well from combat to set pieces. All I can say is if your a marvel fan and want a super hero fix till someone does an open world game for our Idevices then you can't go too wrong with this.
    Ps sorry the spelling / grammar is crap as it's almost 3 am in uk n have been playing n drinking since 12.

11. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I really enjoy the gameplay but there are a few things i dont like.

1) Those Buttons are to small. we need bigger buttons.
    2) Spider-Man dont look like ultimate spider-man. this should be a 16 year old peter parker? this is a grown man under the suit.
    3) Spider-Man has awesome karate power like chun-li in street fighter. wtf! peter gets his ass kicked all the time in the ultimate universe because he has no skills.

I dont they put together an awesome spiderman game but this is not an ultimate spiderman game.

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Still not available in Germany. Strange... :(

13. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    #93 Chuck, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  14. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    [​IMG]

15. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Why do I get the feeling that this is just another iron man 2 game where you are promised freedom but in reality you're restricted to a small area and can't really venture around a la GTA much? Am I right?

16. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    so you want the buttons to block more of the screen and want to get your ass kicked all the time??

no complaints here, game runs smooth on my ipod touch 2g, great gameplay and controls,

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Strange, really didn't show up.
    But NOW :) ...downloading!

BTW, Spider-Man was THE hero of my childhood. Coolest abilities, coolest costume... damn, I loved it.

18. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hell yeah, I wanna get my ass kicked. Doesn't everybody like to take a good ass whooping? Where's the fun in winning. It's way better to get your assed kicked and lose.

19. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    lol :D

20. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    #100 yongkykun, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010