Mirrors Edge on iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I didnt put a "?" because i wanted to attract ALL OF YOU. Now that your in my trap, read on, no its not a chain letter.

Ok check it out. And I think theres a few ways it could work.

Option A - 3G-S ONLY + Compass:

Now that there is a compass in the 3G-S this bring out a whole new control method in games, hopefully. The control scheme would work like this. The camera would be set to where you are always looking center, you can use the accelerometer to look a tiny bit around the axis. With the compass you would turn your body to turn and stuff. The screem would only need a few buttons on it for combat, jumping, slide, etc. Not hard. perfect Game.

Option B - All

Basically, just like any other 3D game would play.... on-screen joysticks.

Hope you enjoyed my lecture =D

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Fell in your trap, damn you X.X

3. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

4. k1ite

k1ite Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician
    Loma Linda, California
    Yeah ever since that "other" site promoted getting this game ported over I was wondering what would be a good control scheme. Seeing what you mean about the compass does sound good but it just wouldn't reach the bigger audience. Myself will own a 3GS but I just think that it would be too soon to think about isolating the market.

5. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I don't get it.

But still, what it -seems- like to me is more complicated. I like the games with all touch control... But then again, I don't play any of the FPS' or other games that require virtual joysticks.

6. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I agree with this. A lot of the people I've talked with who already own iphone 3Gs are not going to upgrade to the new 3GS. There just aren't enough changes to be made to warrant another purchase, especially if the contract isn't up. I would stick with a control scheme that works with all versions of the hardware

7. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    i agree wholeheartedly. all my friends and myself are not upgrading as its not a big of change. i think a lot of the current market will be that way for quite some time...

8. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I acually did hear something about a port for mirrors edge... But i forgot what it was.. No wait nvm, it's Sonic Unleashed 2D... Fell in your trap D:

9. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Porting the 2d flash version would be awesome enough

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

11. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The console version will never work. Those kinds of games are meant for the consoles, and the consoles only. Not for the Nintendo DS, not for the PSP, and CERTAINLY not for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Never.

On the other hand, I must admit the flash version might work.

12. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Dammit, I fell for it even though I played Mirror's Edge in a demo and didn't like it at all. >.<