Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easmussen82 View Post
I released PWN for the Mac. ... I included the ability to use hotkeys to trigger the special powers...
I had to stop playing this game because there's no way I can physically move fast enough, register taps accurately, and track everything required to strategize and execute anywhere near the level required, but I'm not that great at those skills anyway so I'm pretty sure it's not your game. I would have killed for a reliable way to deploy special abilities like a full physical keyboard and _simultaneously_ move my view without blocking out most of it with my hand in the process, but that alone may not be enough to bring me back to it. I still want to play it, I just got tired of getting nowhere :-/ I say this in case you think of some way to dial back the frustration level, particularly with the interface (a problem the AI's capabilities seem to ignore completely), to where I could enjoy it further, but I acknowledge that others are better players, and wouldn't want to spoil it for them.

I'm pretty sure I've witnessed enemy moves impossible for me, like encrypting a node I've trojaned even before they bothered trying to capture it (and it wasn't that they'd backdoored it, either), and just, other weirdness that my inability to keep up with the impossible pace given the limitations of the interface and ambiguities such as whether and how special abilities can stack on a single node, just kind of slagged out my experience beyond my threshold of interest :-(

Quote:
retina and fullscreen support, has seven new original songs (that wouldn't fit in the iOS version)
Bandcamp for the new tracks, too? I bought your original set and love them :O)

Last edited by philodygmn; 11-16-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yeah in hindsight, the whole game would probably have been much better if it were turn-based strategy. The complexity of the rules are much better suited towards taking your time, planning out a strategy, second-guessing your opponent. Plus the fact that on mobile, nobody plays real-time online multiplayer but they love turn-based multiplayer. Some of these problems are compounded on the computer because you don't have all the flexibility of touch-based input.

I would totally go back and rebuild the game in this style, if I weren't so soured on mobile right now. Just not sure it would be worth the effort, so I've kind of moved on to other games and platforms, like Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=194240724
Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I would totally go back and rebuild the game in this style, if I weren't so soured on mobile right now. Just not sure it would be worth the effort, so I've kind of moved on...
I totally understand, and appreciate your candor. Touch turns out to be pretty butterfingered, then the ridiculously low prices and cavalcade of games. I really love that you had a silly, fun idea and worked it up proper into a game, though. Thanks for the kick! And that soundtrack is hilariously cheesy and not a little catchy/groovy. :-D Best of luck in your future ventures.

P.S. Your Roller Derby Dodgeball trailer's announcer is impressively authentically ridiculous! :-) Lots of awesome lampooning humor (SUNDAY SUNDAY _THURS_DAY!!!)! Whoop, airhorn! *chuckle*

Last edited by philodygmn; 11-17-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Just wanted to say that this has survived multiple app purges, and will never get deleted. Sucks the mobile platform didn't give you the desired result. It happens WAY too often to incredibly talented developers.

But thank you for this game. It's outstanding. I hope working on PC games is more profitable for you...