Want to transfer my Iphone apps to an external hard drive

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NolbertoS, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    #1 NolbertoS, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Hey guys. My iphone music and gaming collection is getting so big now that I'm going to buy a 1TB external hard drive to store then in. My question is if i should make a backuo of all the app files and export it to the external hard drive. The reason is that i want to put my itunes program files in the external hard drive and don't know if i need to uninstall Itunes on my hard drive and re-install on my new drive. Will my apps get erased, if I uninstall Itunes? I discovered where the gaming files are in my c drive, but want to know also if I can copy and paste that on the external hard drive and itunes will recognize the files, any help on people who've done this before is appreciated. Thankd

2. glancesession

glancesession New Member

May 6, 2012
    After you move the data it asks if you want to consolidate it... That is apparently when it moves the apps... Since I already moved the music in version 6 or 7 it does not ask me to consolidate... Meaning it will not move the apps.

3. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    IMNO posted an interesting link in this thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=19557
    I haven't tried that .ITL-file trick myself and it's quite old - I don't know if it still applies.
    If it looks promising, I expect you'll have to reserve a drive letter for that external disk, in Computer Management -> Disk Management.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Did you two notice the date of the question? Feb 2011? It is 16 months ago?!?! :cool: