Aaarh, there's too many great games!!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jul 22, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I never thought this would be a problem. But there's just too many great games.

I tried to buy all the good .99 cent games over the past month. And there's just waaaay too many of them. I already have 200+ games, all of them fun, all of them well worth .99 cents. And I still don't own several games that everyone talks about.

I think you guys worried that big budget big name full blown retail games (that feel like PSP games) won't thrive are wrong. On the contrary, I think those are the only game types that will continue to thrive, since there's only a few of them. Everybody and his grandmother owns Real Racing and FAST.

There 50 million idevices out there, atleast 10 million owned by full blown gamers who want to own all the big games.

Those 10 million people will usually buy all of the big flashy retail type games like Real Racing, Doom, Red Alert and others. Games like those won't have much problem finding buyers. Those games will always be in the top 50 just because they are such big name titles.

But when it comes to great quick pickup .99 cent games, they just have way too many to choose from. The market is oversaturated by very quick but addictive .99 cent games.

P.S: I don't consider games like Toki Tori, Quantum Collapse and FAST that are for all intents and purposes full blown retail games with many levels, as .99 cent games. Even though Toki Tori is a .99 cent game, it's in a seperate class from all the quick pickup and play addictive .99 cent games out there.

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I agree with Toki Tori being a Full blown game, Good that they also increased the price now.

3. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wild claims. 200+ "great" 99c games, even when excluding those in your last paragraph? The list posted here recently didn't stretch anywhere near that amount. And as a "full blown gamer" I don't own any of the games that you associated with the group. Neither does my grandmother.

4. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Okay 200 might be stretching it, I have 240 apps, 90% of them are games, and I feel just about every single one of them is worth getting. But then again, a lot of those games were free as well.

There's atleast 150+ great games that are definately worth owning in the app store already, and most of them are .99 cents.

And I'm sorry that your grandmother doesn't own Real Racing and FAST. I think she would enjoy them.

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Most of these are good games.. they just appeal to different types of gamers.
    http://www.148apps.com/148-top-paid-games/

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I am sorry tooo! :p

7. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    I think that list is misleading in many ways.

Many of those games don't deserve to be on the list of top 150 games. They are only selling well bc they either just came out, have a big brand name attached (Mass Effect Galaxy) or bc they have something in their title that a lot of people are interested in and search for (Poker, Girls etc).

I'm talking about 150+ games that give you the most bang for your buck. (And yes, FAST and Real Racing do give you sufficient bang for your buck to be near the top of such a list.)

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    To be honest, having so many games I find is a hindrance rather than a plus. With so many choices, gamers tend to be overwhelmed and play little of any game. I'd much rather have 1 page of games (16) that I really enjoy and can play fully.