Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Banned

It's alright in a frontline commando epoch style. The graphics are nice and it's Robocop. And it's free it'll be fun until you can't get any further without paying! If it was a proper walk through the city shoot em up it would be worth buying it as it is it's free and it'll pass some time.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
The only Glu game I likes was - Stranded: The Mystery of time. But it is need of a serious update.
I liked Space Monkey but that hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years so that's dead, was a sweet game though.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
What wrong with Glu Games?
they made some of the best games out there but notorious for their outrageous in app purchase , I don't mind paying a few dollars / $2x , but their in app purchase usually cost around $50-$100 usd if u really need to make progress and go through the game
Old 01-09-2014, 02:27 AM

Got this yesterday. Is hideously juddery on an ipad2. Not a great game, very much like epoch, which did it better....
Old 01-09-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaros View Post
Got this yesterday. Is hideously juddery on an ipad2. Not a great game, very much like epoch, which did it better....
On the contrary, the game runs damn-near flawlessly on my iPad2; the game seems to use 100-150MB+ RAM, but I'm running 5.1.1, so no problems here.

Since my most recent post about this game, I have this to add:

After playing for 3+ hours yesterday and 3+ hours today (not counting STAMINA recharge wait time), I finally was able to grind through Tier 1 without spending any real money. That being said, the Breakthrough Node system should be either fixed to a 50:50 ratio without the need for nodes (success chance increaser) or removed completely because the payout for missions is too damn low to compensate for a failed Breakthrough Node attempt especially with this game's incessant demand for upgrading almost after every completed mission.

Also, unfortunately the OCP and Escalation missions are one-timers; once completed, there's no going back (even to the last mission). Challenge and Daily missions are always available though. If you're patient enough, you can continue to grind the Tier 1 'HARD' Challenge for $800 every 45secs when you reach Tier 2....just keep grinding cash and watching videos for gold to progress through Tier 2, which is brutal, but possible.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Pretty cool game, should have played it earlier. Too bad it has wait timers. Has some cool graphics, reminds me somewhat of Epoch.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
I loaded this game up, it is a hodgepodge mess of unfinished parts which is unfortunate because 'Epoch with aiming' is a great genre to exploit. The graphics are really, really good and you can tell a LOT of work has been put into all the various UI and art assets, but... The way they drunkenly lead you through clumsy menus and such feels like a game that was abandoned when it ran out of money. The sound is quite muted and dull, some of the animation (like when Robocop runs) really needs a once-over, but the actual aiming from cover and using various power ups is quite fun and very different from the static 'choices' in Epoch.

I don't see good things happening for this game, unless they are going to be putting in a lot more hours. It feels like it could be a fun romp if they cleaned it up and kept the action flowing. Some of these IAP disasters just fall apart when they start the game by leading you around by a nose ring and force you to just upgrade and upgrade and hurry and finish and... Yeah, we get it - let the game stand for itself already. There is a way to do IAP right, but forcing it so hard just ruins the game from minute one.
Wait what? Epoch is way better than this. There more choice in epoch, a better upgrading system, and there also isn't a giant paywall...