Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I checked that crashlog but it was not actually a crash with a useful stacktrace, the process was killed by the OS due to using too much memory (about 137mb, which on iPad1 with 256mb total I guess is too much).

I tested again and was able to play until one more level than last time. I ran it for a long time one one level with no problems, so it would appear that the particles are being cleaned up ok, but level data is probably not. I then tried making huge lines (until they go black) on the first level and then restarting, and this also caused a sigkill after a few repetitions. I would check that the memory used for lines is being freed when the level is cleaned up.

Other than that, it plays perfectly fine. I don't know why anyone would say it's unplayable...

One thing I'd like, is some display showing how many particles remaining for the bowls. Just some little dots showing or something, so I can make changes upstream, if I can see that the flow is enough for one bowl to fill.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thank you for all of this information. I think I have figured out the slowdown and crashing issue and will have an update any time now.

After the update is good, I'll get back to work on adding more levels and other possible improvements such as your suggestion. I originally had a number indicator then I saw other games doing it and decided against it.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

This issue is fixed and the 1.3 update will stop the crashing.

Basically I had too much going on in the background as I was saving too many coordinates for a feature that I decided not to implement.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:29 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Cool! I tried it again and the problem with drawing long lines is fixed. Unfortunately I could get up to the second level with bouncy blocks (level 22?), then it crashed again Xcode has a pretty good memory leaks checker you can use to track where the memory goes.

About gameplay, I'm finding it a bit easy due to the fact that it doesn't matter if the particles go into the wrong bowl. I tried the hard mode for a bit but wasn't really sure what had changed.

I notice that the rotating platforms are not powered any more, is that intentional?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

At this point I'm pretty sure the crashing is due to my game engine . The odd thing is that I played from level 11 to 25 and did not experience any crashes on a 4s and iPad 2.

The hard mode gives you less to draw, about 7 inches of drawing instead of 10. The game starts off easy but harder when another bowl is introduced and the puzzles stop being top to bottom.

The platforms do not rotate anymore because I got soooooooo many emails and negative comments about those rotating platforms, lol it was crazy.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

The big update to Salt & Pepper: LITE will be available August 21. It brings all of the fixes and 100+ new levels to the game. It is ad supported but none of the ads will interfere as they are small banner ads.

ASYMMETRICAL FUN II LITE EDITION!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id881925642

Last edited by iamcartez; 08-16-2014 at 01:04 AM..