iPhone Dungeons of Dredmor for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SkyMuffin, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #1 SkyMuffin, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/04/02/dredmor-for-ipad/

No specifics or a date on anything, but i am really excited for this.

For those who have not played-- Dungeons of Dredmor is a graphical Roguelike/dungeon-crawling game. Permadeath is optional and there are three different difficulties. The game is notable for its huge amounts of content in terms of skill combinations and strategies, as well as its silly humor. It's one of my favorite games-- i've played 200 hours total and I am still discovering new things every day.

Dungeons of Dredmor also won PC Gamer's Indie Game of the Year Award last year.

The game's only $5 ($2.50 for the expansion) on Steam, so I'm assuming it would not cost any more than that.

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I have this on pc this is gonna be great.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...Perhaps there is hope for a universal or small screen accommodating release...

4. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Oh this is REALLY good news. Dreadmor is a fantastic Rogule-like. Going to be a great year...

5. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    i'm not exactly sure how that would work given the game's menus and combat...it would have to be totally revamped for a small screen :(

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Excellent game, the first round of Diggle Nog is on me when the iOS version comes out! [​IMG]

7. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    very much looking forward to this. we might even get mod support thru iTunes doc sharing...

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think I could be up for a new rogue-like now, and if this is a good one maybe it's the one to get.

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    #9 mekanikal fiend, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    I bought this awhile ago on steam. Great game! Hope it comes out soon.

EDIT
    just played 3 hours straight on steam. totally stoked to play it on the go. hope they can keep everything in it, cause the floor maps are pretty big!!

10. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    OMG, best freaking game ever, i love this game on PC. Another reason to buy that damn Pad!

11. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    New blog post with more info!

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/04/03/dredmor-ipad-frequently-asked-questions-2/

12. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    this could be the best game on ipad if done correctly! been playing the pc version a lot in the last 2 days, and it sounds as if the developers are serious about making it happen! can't believe there isn't way more hype here on toucharcade. Since all of the art assets are already usable from the PC version, hopefully it wont be too long till i'm enjoying this on my new ipad!!!!

13. Vtec51O

Vtec51O Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Hells yea! Been hoping for an iOS port ever since I played it when it first came out on steam. This game would be perfect on iPad. Would be the best roguelike on the platform.

14. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Cool! I have this game on my Mac, and was thinking that it would be great to have it on the ipad. Glad to see it is coming!

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This is fantastic news! Unless you are the developer of a different roguelike for iPad. Great fun, challenging if you want it to be, but approachable for those who are more faint of heart.

16. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    A friend just gifted me this game on Steam last night, and after a game I immediately went to look whether there's been any mention of an iPad version. This is awesome!

I won't hold my breath or anything, but I'm just going to put this out there: iCloud support between the iPad and Mac would be really cool. And all those little detailed icons would look great at retina resolution...

17. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I beat this on the hardest difficulty for the first time yesterday. 235 hours and I am still learning and discovering new things about it...it's so worth the money. Excited about the iPad version :)

18. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Sounds like just the game for me,hopefully some new info on the ipad version soon.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This would be cool! One of the few PC games that got me off my idevices for a few days before I came back to my senses. :eek:

20. BlaikAwesome

BlaikAwesome Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Definitely love the overall style!