Games like clash of clans?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by elgingo, Mar 18, 2013.

1. elgingo

elgingo Member

Nov 22, 2012
    #1 elgingo, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    Anyone know of any games like clash of clans, only ones Ive found are galaxy life and horror camp.

Thanks

2. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Wish there were more, if someone knows please post

3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    yup, wish there were more, but with shorter waiting times.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Games like clash of clans? Well, I've found two great real-life simulators:

1) Watching Paint Dry - Great fun! Really helps immerse you in the entire "delayed gratification" thing that everyone loves with F2P game timers.

2) Flushing Money Down the Toilet - My personal favorite! Set aside a few $100 bills each month and work that flushing handle! Really helps scratch that itch to burn money while feeling like you're doing something. Best of all, no timers in between flushes!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda sounds like you're referring to what I like to call "real games". There are lots of great strategy games on PC, a few on consoles, and barely any worth mentioning on iOS.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Land Air Sea Warfare
    Autumn Dynasty
    Starfront: Collision

Two of those have online MP, all have campaigns/sandbox mode, all are quite competent RTSs. Trust me, I was addicted to AoE 1, 2 and 3 for quite some time.

7. C'mon man, give it a break...I usually hate games like this, but CoC ain't too bad.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It does make for a pretty good interactive screen saver.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty good use for something like this. If we could basically just set CoC as a Windows wallpaper and ignore it 23 hours and 45 minutes of the day then occasionally click a few things, it'd give the impression that the pointless anti-game gameplay is there for a reason.

9. DranDran

DranDran New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Anyone who claims that CoC is a waiting game only, has clearly not played more than 30 minutes of it.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I gave it several days. It's terrible. Funny you should mention it though, because not long ago someone made the same argument but the other way around. They basically told me you don't have to wait at all during the early stages of the game.

Also, what's with everyone using the word "clearly" as though it automatically verifies their opinion somehow? Just makes you out to be more of a fool when you're wrong.

11. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    The game is good because it gives a feel of massive multiplayer online kind of game. What other games on the iOS that are premium actually manage to successfully accomplish a game of such magnitude? None. That's why it's good, and its only sustainable on a freemium model sadly. And don't get me wrong, I don't like it either. If there weren't any waiting times, I'd gladly pay up the money to buy the game, but it doesn't work that way.

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    A similar game is 20 shove. It's where you take as many 20 dollar bills and shove them up...eh nvm.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Order & Chaos Online ;)

Btw, Midian, pick it up already. The last time it went on sale was 2011, and I want a dungeon running buddy. Plus I'll power lvl you a little if you want ;)

Your $7 won't be wasted if you in any way are interested in MMORPGs.
    Are there timers in between shoves?

14. Alfalfa

Jan 10, 2013
    Monthly pay model isn't exactly premium, but I guess it is if you don't play for more than the 3 months. The amount of Mmos are scarce though that aren't freemium, IMO.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There are no monthly fees.

16. Alfalfa

Jan 10, 2013
    I.. Really? Well time to go download it.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah you do that. It's Gameloft's best game, assuming the servers are working. There's been some very irritating trouble with them lately. My main is JBRUU, add me. I can help you out some, then we can run a few dungeons in a week or two :D

Oh, and monthly fees for MMOs are very normal.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Wait, o&c has no monthly fees?! Holy crap. I thought it did!!

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    When it came out, it did, but they got rid of them a while ago. The freemium multiple currency system is enough to support the game I suppose.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It isn't freemium. It isn't freemium. It isn't freemium. It isn't freemium. It IS NOT freemium.

You can go through the game and get the best stuff available without spending more than the $7 entry fee. That's what I'm doing and this is just a grindy as any other RPG (level 39 of 70 currently). You get plenty of gold, and even more if you use the auction house or join a friendly guild.

Rune are the premium (not control) currency. You can instantly buy pets (some not available ingame), mounts (again, not available, but the only difference is look and I think +10% speed), temporary XP multipliers, and a variety of other buffs that are not game breaking.

The best gear can only be crafted (damn hard work getting the stuff and craftsman level, only a few players manage) and mounts can still be obtained with hard work through bond stones - I have two of them already.

It's not freemium. It's not freemium. It's not freemium.

Anyway, sorry if I derailed this thread a bit. Honestly though, if I get a few of you guys into/back into O&C IMO it's worth it.