Underrated favorites

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CaseyLay, Jul 18, 2009.

1. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    What games do you really like that didn't get as much credit or hype as you thought they should?
    Mine are:

Cube
    Vans SK8: Pool Service
    Bugdom 2
    Otto-Matic: Alien Invasion
    Crazy Snowboard
    MotoChaser
    I Love Katamari

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    #2 Fletch, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  3. bLiNdSiDe

bLiNdSiDe Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Firefighter (Sergeant) / EMT
    Covington, GA
  4. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    This happens way, way too much here. In this type of catagory, u are going to have repeat thread types. It's just the nature of a rather specific forum & a even more specfic sub-topic. Can't we just freakin respond with our list of games that the OP suggested, or if u aren't interested, choose a different thread to read. Or if u just want to read & see what other people like. I don't undrstand why people feel the need to post in damn near every freaking thread, "this has been posted before". Yeah, no sh1+, and we've heard u say that b4 too.

5. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    +1
    The huge one of mine that i can think of without goin thru my apps is gears of gravity. ITs a lot of fun, especially finally completing a level.

6. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    #6 CaseyLay, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Honestly, I searched for about fifteen minutes, but to no avail. I found nothing close to this thread. But now that I posted, some guy found one of them. Just my luck, right? :(

I didn't say games that no one knows about or games that are not well known. Just games you do not feel get enough credit. Not many mention or even like those games. I didn't say "Unknown", I said "Underrated".

I find your lack of knowledge disturbing..

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Don't worry. The search engine sucks. Just hang around and you'll know what gets posted a lot. Noobs are prime meat at your stage. If you want me to b****slap Fletch for you. *does so, Fletch runs away whimpering*

8. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    No need. After thinking it over, I come to find that he misread it. As I said before, I didn't say games that no one knows about or games that are not well known. Just games you do not feel get enough credit. Not many mention or even like those games. I didn't say "Unknown", I said "Underrated". On second thought, I guess you're ok with the slapping.

9. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Im glad two favs of ours are climbing like crazy: I Dig and Must.Eat.Birds

What is happening moreso than not I see tho is that there are SO MANY apps being released, like those above, that "might" get a thread, and the thread gets pushed down during the day after it's creation, then I at night never see it.

Kolonist is recent example, a Settlers of Catan clone that I didn't know existed until someone posted to it out of the blue, but it was released and discussed unbeknownst to me tho I'm on daily.

A game I like right now that's not getting much attention is Smash Bunny.
    Oh, and *Smack! from me too:eek:

10. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    You should expect threads to disappear. It can't be helped. You yourself cited the problem. A lot of good games stay hidden, so no smack for you.:p

11. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Okay, so here is why threads like this are good.

We all agreed that the store is bloated with crap. Fart apps, bikini apps, incredibly bad apps in some way or other.
    We all agree that good games need exposure because the devs deserve it and because we want the good games to do well so we get more good games.

Every day someone new comes to this site. Many may know about using forums, many may not. Some may know that all forum software searches are crap, most won't. These people want to know what to buy. The first few forums pages are probably what they will look at, no more.

More opinions about a game are useful when making buying decisions and part of the opinions are expressed by sheer ownership. So people listing what they have is useful.

When someone posts "Hey I've got this what have you got" they are also hoping someone will say "You've got X so you'll love Y - check it out" and that helps the original poster and others who read the thread.

Threads like this can act as a point in time. Go look for the 'Your favourite games that no-one mentions' thread. It has no relevance from the date of the last post. It's an excellent thread (go read it if you have not) but it's last post was in April - a few games have been released since then.

If a post like this annoys you, go read something else. Don't stop to bitch and insult anyone. You could even go write some store reviews...

12. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    wow fletch got destroyed, no my games

Beatrider- I think that evn though most people who get it love it, it still isn't nearly as well heard of as it could be.
    Draw Race- Quite similar situation to Beatrider.
    Touch Ski 3D- Awesome game with amazing controls, better than Touchgrind's, but similar.
    Space Trader:MM- Addictive, 3D space trading game. Surprised it isn't as popular as it is polished, but fighting with guns in a future update sounds good

Hope you like my list:D

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    My games in this category would include:

Airport Mania - excellent time management game.
    iDig It (although it is getting plenty of exposure now)

Thats all i can think of right now.

14. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I would've said Cube was underrated until I saw it installed on the Apple Store demo iphone today.

I vote for Myst

15. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    I like I Love Katamari too, but it needs more levels. Konami could sell level packs (like few levels for 1 buck (But not 1 level for 1 buck, that would suck))

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Guinness World Records. And it's $.99 for two days, which is a STEAL. This game rules!

17. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    wow...I did not expect to return to this onslaught at all...I think the confusion begins with me assuming "underrated" and "unknown" were fairly synonymous. As such, I wqas just trying to be helpful by providing links to what I thought were very similar threads. This confusion is also reflected in my second edit...I am sorry if I offended anybody. For anyone who has been here a while, you may know that flaming of OP's is one of my biggest pet peeves, I do all I can to not do that myself, and condemn it when I see it. Hopefully everyone can not hate me again...

18. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Stop minding so much about repeated threads and just talk about games in the threads you care about.

----

I'm putting in one for Warpack Grunts (I think it's just called "Grunts" now). It's awesome now that the controls have been re-done. :)

19. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Fletch Rocks! Don't worry about it! I thought the same thing when I first saw the thread... but hey.. it's all good! :cool:

Underrated:
    I Dig It
    Ivory Tiles
    Robot Master (Drives me mad but I keep going back to it!)

:)

20. Bdan11191

Bdan11191 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    With out a doubt, Kill All Bugs.
    I've already sung it's praises in it's thread, so I'll save it here. :p