Recording iPhone video

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by don_k, Mar 14, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    How to record iPhone so it looks good, sounds good and not shaky?

I have a tripod but I can't really use it to take from top-down angle.

2. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    There is no trick (that I know of) that gets an amazing recording of the iPhone screen.

Just try and get it at an angle so that you are not in the way (like TA videos) and just keep the device still while playing. All I can really say.

I think someone should make an app that records the iPhones screen but it doesn't exist yet :(.

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Any tips how to do that? My tripod doesn't allow me to record the iPhone top-down.

4. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I do many video reviews, so I can give u quite a few tips about this

1. Always record in a dark room. Ur iPod should b the only light
    2. For non accelerometer games, tape ur iPod to the edge of the desk. It'll take a while for ur thumbs to get used to playing in this position, but they'llaccustomaze after a while and then u'll b able to play while keeping the device still
    3. For avcelorometer games, hold the iPod close to the camera, and do not tilt too much

if u have any more questions send over a PM

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hey Fruho, thanks. I just want to record a game replay save, so I don't have to hold the iPhone while recording. I suppose it should be easier? but I don't know how to keep the camera still (I'm using Canon Powershot)

6. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    O I understand what u need. And a tripod won't give the right angle. How long is this review going to be? If it's between 1 and 5 min, tough it out:hold your elbow(that helps a lot to control the recording) and relax your muscles as much as possible: the tender ur muscles, the more you will move. Have a friend stand nearby to help you if your arms start to ache(which they will). That's really all the help I can give you: good luck with your recording hope it turns out well for u

7. when eli records his preview videos, it looks really proffesional, eli?

8. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    its not possible yet for an app do record the screen because they don't have background support.

9. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Both of you are wrong. There is an app for screen recording and backgrounding...a jailbreak app.

10. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    What is it called? I really want it.

11. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    #11 SunriseMoon, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    Backgrounder for backgrounding, and ScreenRecorder for screen recording. (literally :p)