Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Hey Darth Ronfar, welcome back.
    Agree with undead here, sounds tough to get your old savefile back; good luck with that.
    If it doesn't work out, I jump in on undead's offer to help; gives me a reason to play a bit again (too many games on my list to come back to SW without a good reason ;) )

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Parcheesy, I'm a little more free to come online most days now, except Friday and Saturday night on your end, I believe. Let me know if you want to organise any sync runs :)

3. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    I'd like to try the Sync run as well, although I'm not too familiar with the concept, if you could explain?

Side note to Sheinfell: I know you play card games on iOS, so have you given any thought to or tried out Wizards' new game, Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013? It's free over iPad, as a beginning, but after you pay to unlock the full game, you get access to hundreds more cards, and you unlock multiplayer too (Unranked with friends, ranked online)

4. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm pretty sure sync runs are boss runs where more than one person records....I think....

5. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Ah, that what it was. I see now.

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It's as Lava just explained: "synchronised runs" are where two or more people record the match, and then everyone uploads it (or perhaps combine them into one video in a split-screen format).

At this point, I can only attempt to record PvE boss matches if I'm using my usual recording method, because my game runs significantly slower when I'm recording using airplay streaming -- I can handle PvE because enemies move slowly, and I'm able to predict where they are even if I don't have surround sound. If I were to try a PvP recording, the only way I could play properly is if I use an actual camera rather than a direct feed, similar to how Parcheesy and Enternamehere77 record there things.

7. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Undead, do you know if the reflection app supports a direct connection? I think that would give better frames per second...

8. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Undead, similarly, have you tried out Duels of the Planeswalkers, for the iPad? I find it a great game, although there's a price to unlock the full game, the customization is great, and the multiplayer is fun. I've always wanted to play with someone from here, or any of my GC friends, that is.

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Reflection App was designed specifically to utilise the Airplay mirroring function of iDevices, so no, it doesn't support a direct connection. I've looked at some of the available recording options, but the remainder are either too troublesome (e.g. display recorder via jailbreaking) or too expensive (capture cards).

If you already have a direct connection to your computer, you won't need Reflection App -- any screen-recording program on your computer will do it. Reflection was specifically to get the screen feed onto the comp, but it just so happens that it also allows you to record and encode to mp4 at the same time.

It's a card game, right? Those generally don't appeal to me too much, but I can give it some thought once I've exhausted what's currently on my plate (in particular, I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm meant to chase after a certain player on Skyriders, who is a complete and utter leaderboard monster)...

10. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Sure. I just took a little look at Skyriders, and honestly, it looks like that game where you lead your mouse through the twisting tunnels with obstacles. I'll definitely try it out and see what's going on, though.

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9591 undead.exe, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Think "high speed tunnel racer combined with platform jumping". Except that it's not a race in the sense that you need to get to the end as quickly as you can -- you're meant to collect stars and use speed boosts to increase your score multiplier. At the speed the action moves though, it's hard to describe it with something other than "racer", despite the fact that it's not about racing at all.

--------------

Back on topic: for anyone who silences the in-game music in Star Warfare, what other things are you listening to while playing it?

12. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I don't like Magic ;) So that's a no and most likely will stay that way.
    Specifically, what I always disliked is the insane deck optimising and powergaming you can do with it. When I was younger, I played reallife cardgames like Vampire, Kult, Mythos, and Guardians. Guardians was hilarious, because it parodied all the usual fantasy cliches and did other stuff that made me laugh. Especially the artwork was great fun.
    Here is one of my favorite cards, Pauly the Official Parrot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-Limited-Pauly-Official-Parrot-rare-nm-mint-ccg-card-game-/271001665921 .

Geez, looking at the price: Maybe I should sell my cards. Guess I have a few thousands Euros stowed away there...

13. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    I don't mute it often, as I like music while I listen to the ingame sounds, but when I do I usually listen to my music, if anything.

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9594 undead.exe, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Ahh, some players make me feel ashamed sometimes =.="

Just ran into a freeloader on Siegfried who was tainting the reputation of my favourite Thunder Armour. I've just played with him two times in a row -- he seems to think that a low-levelled shotgun counts as "contribution" >_____>

He sure lived for quite a while using nothing but a Windblade after he realised that his shotgun wasn't going to make me fire my M-27 again after the first hyper clip...but I don't think he would have done much more than about 10-15% of Siegfried's health before finally falling both times >.>

----------------------------------

Also...I've been wondering for a while, but I don't actually see that many similarities now besides the artificially modified armour colour. What do you guys think? Similar, or not really? (I should add that I'm not asking what you guys think of the colour modification, because that's simple enough -- but do the two armours remind you of the Halo MJOLNIR armour?)

[​IMG]

15. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    It's pretty good.

I listen to alternative rock :)

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Ah, btw, I wasn't asking about what you think of the colour modification -- I didn't really do much to consider this "work". Rather, do some of the armours in Star Warfare remind you of Halo's designs (hence the colour tweaking to try and make it look similar), or do you think theythe designs aren't that similar afterall?

Alternative rock, huh? I think I've been throwing trance into the mix...or just downright weird songs, sometimes. I took up Capricornman's advice from a while back, and decided to try playing the game while listening to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Laupner...

...I swear, it's a positively bizarre experience violently gunning down aliens while listening to a song that sounds that happy o___o

17. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    See what happens when you take my advice............!:)

18. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    #9598 Parcheesy00, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    actually............... im grounded for getting a B on a science test:(

for the WHOLE MONTH

unless I do good for the unit test that's coming up:D *SIGH*:(

lol im not supposed to be going on the computer but im studying for a math quiz tomorrow:D so why not check out this forum while im studying :D

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    If I had your parents, I would be screwed...

20. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    You think that has resemblance? I do too but look at the halo armor and then the nova armor. Let both rest in your mind a few ours without touching either, BOOM THEY SEEM THE EXCACT SAME IN YOUR MIND!!! Its quite creepy