iPhone Tank Battle: North Africa (by Hunted Cow Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hunted Cow Studios, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hunted Cow Studios

Hunted Cow Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Company Director
    We're please to announce our exciting sequel to the hugely popular strategy game Tank Battle: 1944!

Take command as the British Commonwealth and U.S. forces fight the Germans in the North African theatre and lead your battalion to victory in challenging tactical battles.

Fight for control of North Africa during WWII. Utilize new mechanics, such as flanking, 'move and shoot', troop transports and veteran units. With 36 unit types Tank Battle: North Africa is an epic strategy game including detailed battles that will keep you coming back for more!

We submitted the game to Apple today so it should hopefully be available on the App Store within the next couple of weeks :)

Here are a few screenshots of the game taken on the new iPod:
    (Note the game is a Universal App so will work on iPhone / iPod and iPad)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tankbattlenorthafrica

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What are the changes or improvements compared to Tank Battle: 1944?

Civil War: 1863 added leaders and much nicer animation and sound effects. Will these be added to Tank Battle: North Africa as well?

3. Keithmartinsmith

Jan 12, 2013
    Tank Battle North Africa adds on from Tank Battle 1944

Lots more units there are now 36.
    Added the British.
    Most units can move and shoot.
    Hull mounted afv's may not move and shoot.
    The shooting scale is must wider so a lot more unit differentiation between units.
    Supply dumps added and a penalty if lost.
    Infantry may mount and dismount trucks and half tracks.
    Some units move and shoot better than others depends on real life capability.
    That's the top level changes.

4. Hunted Cow Studios

Mar 7, 2012
    Company Director
    #4 Hunted Cow Studios, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Here are some of the new units featured in the game:

German Sdk.Fz 222
    An excellent, fast and lightly armed scouting vehicle in use from the beginning to the end of the war.

[​IMG]

German Stug IIIf
    The Stug IIIf was so well armored that it started to replace the Panzer IV battalions of many German armored divisions. Its inability to move and shoot is its only real weakness.

[​IMG]

British Long Range Desert Group
    The Long Range Desert Group was the scourge of the Axis forces. Rarely in front line action they would sneak around German lines and attack easy to kill rear area units and supply dumps.

[​IMG]

British Morris Truck
    Trucks will usually be available to transport your infantry units to battle, sometimes they are unarmed supply trucks. While mounted in trucks infantry cannot shoot and are very vulnerable to enemy fire.

[​IMG]

American M3 Gun Motor Carriage
    The most common U.S. Tank Destroyer in the North African theatre. A mount of an American version of the 'French 75' in an M3 half-track. Powerful but lightly armored.

[​IMG]

British / American M3 Medium Tank
    Possibly the most unusual looking Allied tank of World War II and the first Allied tank able to match German firepower.

[​IMG]

5. Mystical knave

Mystical knave Active Member

May 29, 2012
    I love the look and polish of your previous games but found that it wasn't that clear how terrain benefits are calculated and how the combat system works. As a wargamer this frustrated me as I couldn't figure out myself how the system was resolving combat. Was I missing something? In other words does this game let me in in the underlying game system? Many thanks for any information as I want to love these games but I feel locked out of the system.

6. Keithmartinsmith

Jan 12, 2013
    Tank Battle North Africa CRT

For those who want to know the some of the inner workings we will publish some useful information at http://www.tank-battle.com in a few days time. Will keep you posted on this. Keith

7. Mystical knave

Mystical knave Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Great, I look forward to reading up on this.

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I am SOOOO happy! I loved the first one! This looks great! :)

9. Werechihuahua

Werechihuahua Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Eternal labors
    Pensacola, FL
    Totally awesome!

But will it get PULLED from the app store after a few days like some other Hunted Cow products I paid for?

10. Keithmartinsmith

Jan 12, 2013
    Tank Battle North Africa CRT

This is developed with Hunted Cow by HexWar. This is our fourth App together and none of our joint products have ever been pulled. Hunted Cow have only ever pulled one App and that was Battle Dungeon. That was after mass pirating. Hunted Cow offered a 100% refund to all customers and you can contact then via their web site if you still have a refund outstanding.

11. outqube

outqube Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    App Developer
    Canada
    looks pretty cool, will check it out for sure

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So I am actually a Hexwar supporter, and not Hunted Cow's. Now wonder I saw all those browser RPG stuff on their webpage when I went to look for more Tank Battle and Civil War...

13. Hunted Cow Studios

Mar 7, 2012
    Company Director
    Here are a couple more of the units that are featured in the game:

German Marder III
    The Marder III slightly better armed and armored than the Marder I. It is a tank destroyer, ambushing enemy ranks and then quickly moving to another position.

[​IMG]

British Churchill IV Infantry Tank
    The Churchill tank is a slow moving but heavily armored monster. Very hard to kill but it lacks firepower, its 6pdr gun is good at short range against tanks but is poor against infantry.

[​IMG]

14. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    They look really good.

15. Hunted Cow Studios

Mar 7, 2012
    Company Director