iPhone apps on ipad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pepper2427, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Does anyone know why some iPhone apps do not appear in the App Store on the iPad.

I like Big Fish Games but the eyes aren't quite as good as they used to be so I usually buy the iPhone version and play on the iPad but every so often there is a game that is on the iPhone App Store but not the iPhone section on the iPad App Store. Why is this?

Eg Grim Facade : Cost of Jealousy - on iPhone not on iPhone only on iPad

Haunted Legends - The Undertaker - on iPhone and iPhone only on ipad

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Don't know, but same with the iPhone appstore.. we can't display iPad apps.

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes and thats on all iPad apps but the other way round its only on a few.

Very strange

4. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I think that there are a few companies who make one app strictly for the iPhone, and another strictly for the iPad (forcing a "double dip" for those who want to play on both devices) but was not aware that Big Fish did this with any of their games. I normally buy the iPad versions of Big Fish games anyway, simply because the resolution is better and small objects are easier to see.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #5 Gov, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    This is the reason i only buy - Universal apps. The little + sign next to the "BUY/FREE" box means it is just one unified app, which works on both iPhone/iPad. Because i bought Doodle Jump for iPhone.... Now i have to buy it again for iPad (HD), which i will get soon. Don't really want to buy the same app twice!

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I have a tab at the top after searching which says iPad only, you can drop this down and change it show iPhone apps. I'm assuming universal apps will show up in either search.

I'm prefer not having iPhone apps show up as I've accidentally bought iPhone apps, which are ok to play on my mini but look awful on my daughters ipad2, I never knew that tip about the plus sign. I'm such a noob lol