★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dead Squared by End Boss Games

07-01-2013, 01:41 AM
#31
You and a friend can defend against endless waves of enemies. If we can pull it off you would basically kill the enemies for loot/resources to build defenses and craft weapons to survive.

If we do pvp, it would be probably be some type of vs mode where you kill other player for loot, and try to find loot to craft better weapons.
07-01-2013, 11:43 AM
#32
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: iANiMeX's left ear
Posts: 2,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofusoup View Post
You and a friend can defend against endless waves of enemies. If we can pull it off you would basically kill the enemies for loot/resources to build defenses and craft weapons to survive.

If we do pvp, it would be probably be some type of vs mode where you kill other player for loot, and try to find loot to craft better weapons.
Sounds interesting . How much guns you think will be in this game?

07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
#33
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,407
Played the alpha build a bit on my inferior laptop. It was a blast seeing an assortment of wild creatures (flying eyeballs, zombie dogs, etc) jump out at me from cages when I entered a room. So far so good, then my laptop gave me problems.
07-01-2013, 09:31 PM
#34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
Sounds interesting . How much guns you think will be in this game?
I think there are 16 guns total. We are also going to be adding melee weapons.

@undeadcow - We didn't do too much testing yet on systems. I thought my PC specs were pretty low at dual core, and an old nvidia card.
08-31-2013, 03:09 PM
#35
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,407
Here's a narrated/editorial video someone posted yesterday, I'm not sure if it represents the most recent developer progress but it sure looks promising.


Youtube link | Pop Up
09-01-2013, 11:44 PM
#36
It's the same public alpha build. For last two months we have been trying to get coop working. This meant reworking a lot of the code base. Possibly another update in the near future. We are still shooting for end of year.
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
#37
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,407
Last night I had a nightmare about Dead Squared... why isn't it out yet?




[This face haunts my dreams --> ]

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-11-2013 at 10:50 AM.
11-12-2013, 12:17 AM
#38
Thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead!!!

Believe it or not we are still working on coop mode. Unfortunately I don't think we will make Dec release. But we do have most of the networking stuff working. Now it's just to hook everything back up again and pump out the content.

I'll post updates asap

thanks for the support undeadcow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Last night I had a nightmare about Dead Squared... why isn't it out yet?




[This face haunts my dreams --> ]