Holy Jesus Christ that Scared Me...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    My god, I am kinda freaked out right now.

So I'm sitting at home alone, family is out doing something that I forget but I hate doing, and I'm on the computer searching Touch Arcade on my parents computer (theirs is faster then mine). Anyways, we have this REALLY old dresser that has been passed down in our family (about a hundred years old) and it sits right next to the desk where the computer is.

It just turned dark a couple of seconds ago, but I didn't bother turning on the lights, because I thought the computer screen was enough. So I'm sitting there, reading some post about Naruto when I hear a sound right beside me that sounds like wood scraping against wood. I pay no attention because it was very small and short, but I'm a little creeped out when I see there is nothing beside me and still nothing home.

I go back to reading for about another second and I hear the sound again, this time louder and longer. I am really freaked out and look beside me and one of the drawers (they were all closed) is now completely open, almost falling to the ground, with no one home.

Needless to say I turned on all the lights and have the phone right beside me, ready to call 9-1-1.

2. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Whoah.
    That reminds me.
    Yesterday when I was alone,
    I forgot my headphones were in, it was a really quiet song..
    And the start of the last song sounded like a voice from a distance
    It came on so I thought I heard a creepy voice behind me...
    I almost screamed.
    Well just go on aim or something and talk to peeps and tell em what happened, keep the phone by you. Or maybe call someone and have a conversation, and make plans with them.
    Just talking to someone should help.

3. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Call me crazy, but do you think it's the wisest thing to do to actually have spent the time to type out your OP rather than vacating the premises? I don't know...that's just me. Of course, it could be just the crazy Bud Light penguin.

4. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Psh.
    Crazy.

Anyways I would not vacate the premises, i'd be too freaked out, haha.

5. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    lold

6. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    I dunno, I'm really on edge but my dogs aren't freaking out (I have a Golden Retriever who doesn't really bark but I also have a Beagle that goes CRAZY when she sees other people, and shes sleeping underneath my parents bed) so I'm not that worried about people being in here...

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    i hate living in big 2 storied homes

and im home alone alot, since i injured myself :(

my living room has alot of windows.... and sometimes i stare out into the darkness and can picture a girl.... and the picture of the exorcist wont get out of my head :(

8. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Dude, I live in Florida.

3/4 of my house is windows, no lie. Two walls of my living room (looking outside of the house and to the back) are pure windows, and they scare the living crap out of me.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    My parents decided to drag me over to a cabin next to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia for 10 days. I swear, if someone were to violently murder me with an axe, no would hear me scream, and a night, it's just way to ****ing creepy, even on the porch. The TV was the size of my laptop monitor, and no internet, so nothing to really distract me. Three story cabin :eek:

Also live in Florida. There're two huge doors with nothing but glass in them, looking out to the pool deck, imagine goes wild ridiculously easily, and there're windows practically everywhere.

I also lived in Colombia (no, I'm not a drug lord). Beautiful house, and we live in a small gated community with actual guards. Our house is right next to the station where two keep watch and open the gate to let people in, so I constantly hear them talking, never feeling scared. But there was this one time where I heard footsteps. I literally called out to my mom thinking it was her. Yeah, no one there.

The cabin still takes the cake.

10. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I just love reading all this as I go to bed... :eek:
    If I never come back on, be my witness as when I was last seen or heard from...

11. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of some stories my mom told me.

One night, my mom and dad were in bed, falling asleep, facing different directions. Suddenly, there hear a little girls voice say "Get close together." My dad, thinking he just heard it, slowly turned around to ask my mom about it. She turned around at the same time. She heard it.

Another story my mom told me was when she was a little kid. Her room was right next to some creaky old stairs and she had no door. So every night she would hear footsteps walk up the steps, and when it got to the last step, she ran into her parents room. After weeks, they were sick of it. So they bought her a sliding door. So one night, she hears it again. She decides to stay in bed. At the last step, the door slides open and slams shut, knocking porcelain glasses from her shelf crashing to the floor. So she ran to her parents room, and they came ranting in. All the the glasses were on the floor, but none were broken....

12. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    cover them :D

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    With?

14. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    cloths, blankets, boards, etc....

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Plywood, cinderblocks, metal, jello, or my favorite, Kittens.

16. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    I live in a 3 storied home. With a Forest in the backyard.

17. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    why, the one item that solves all of your problems: duct tape