Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    #161 drunkhobo15, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    EDIT nvm figured it out

2. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    any way to build back your health....stuck fighting the trigon, where it shoots balls of light at you, then you have to jump out of the way...whe ni get killed, I only have 1 star....any way to build this back up before fighting again ???

3. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Hold the shield button for several seconds. A blue ring will form around the Scythian, and you will regain one star.

4. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Bravo Funky !!!
    thanks

5. Hconn

Hconn New Member

May 12, 2011
    Long Live the New Flesh?

Ok, so I called the number that I got from the transmission at the end of the game and I didn't get another series of numbers like some other people, but instead I got a voice that said, "long live the new flesh." I couldn't get anything from a google search, so I'm turning to you guys to see if you can decipher what this means.

6. hwzzz

hwzzz New Member

May 5, 2011
    Oh dear.. Now I'm at 94%... I just dont want to finish this game yet.. Cause It's awesome

7. tiglionabbit

tiglionabbit New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Seems to be a quote from Videodrome. Maybe if I'd seen that it'd make more sense :p.

8. remembernathan

remembernathan Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    They change it. The numbers was nothing important. A lot of people was trying to figure out if it was a clue to some hidden alternate ending. Sadly it just a release date for their music.

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I just beat the game, and I didn't cheat so why does it say I'm only 96% done?

10. Pind

Pind New Member

May 27, 2011
    Stuck at 34%

I'm stuck at the 2nd phase of the the first trigon. The best I can get is two blocks with the shield. There seems to be no cue, light or sound and timing doesn't help. The only successful blocks are immediately after hits. Is it just me? I have an iPad with the nwest software. I usually finish the first round with 4 stars but even with a shroom didnt make any difference
    Thanks.

11. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I'm stuck at the part where you have to use sworcery on the sheep. What is the order?? I can never get it. I've been stuck at this part for over 3 months :(

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
  14. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Could someone please give me explicit directions as to how I can complete the part in the beginning of session 3 (the trigon grove)?
    All the walkthroughs I've read about this part have sucked and I'm really starting to hate this game! :mad:

15. Mehrzad

Mehrzad Member

May 28, 2011
    I'm at 78% but never fought the bear. What do I do?

16. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Hey everyone!
    I have a little problem:

• Session 3
    • Place behind the wall and sheeps, with grave, ghost, and three trigons (one for Bright Moon, and second for Dark Moon
    • It's a Bright Moon now, so I tried to hit the Full Moon trigon, but nothing happened. I just see a moon above the trigon. How to activate it?

Thank you for your help!

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Guys, I'm stuck on session 3 at 57%! You know the sylvan sprites in the dream world? I've found 4 of them and one more to go. The last one is on the waterfall room. I've found one circled, I swiped accross the top right waterfall, but now I got stuck. Can't find anymore to finish it. Any help?

Edit: NVM, thanks BTT for the link!

18. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I think given how many people have had problems with the game says something about its design. The art, audio, style, storytelling are all amazing, but I think some of the gameplay elements need work.

For example, the trigon fights essentially require at least 2-3 tries to learn the pattern (unless you have amazing dexterity/reactions). I don't mind doing something over if it's difficult, but doing something over simply because it *requires* trial and error just gets annoying.

However, the biggest problem I had with the game was finding the dark/new moon trigon. The fact that you need to
    be in front of the tree, be in sworcery mode, and shake the device (a mechanic that isn't used anywhere else in the game) all at the same time, AND there are no clues about doing this
    is just ridiculous. How are people supposed to figure that out other than looking at a walkthrough or asking someone else?

19. PCVXD

PCVXD New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    On the new Steam version
    you get it by getting the #moar achievement. If you put the moon halffull with the full part on the right side and go to the dreamworld go to the house. Eat a musshroom and go down the well. If you read the fires they say 'long live the new flesh'. Walk totally doen and slay the animal with your sword. Click on the ? symbol a few times and it should go back to the main menu. Now in the upperright corner the same symbol should appear. Click on it. You now can hear ppl saying things and there are 2 pictures to the right if you scroll. I have no idea what this means.

20. MikaMIkado

MikaMIkado New Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Guys

OK, guys I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I can't find a single soul who mentioned this happening: I played the game only once so I didn't experiment with this BUT: BIG SPOILER in the 3rd segment you can go to the well and our hero will say "the water in the well looks unwell", now if you eat a mushroom you can JUMP in the water. To my understanding you can do this at ANY stage in the game, but normally it will reset you after a cool animation (I assume you sank while high on shrooms?) but in this part of the game you are placed to an UNDERWATER world where there is a statue of a deer. Now I haven't scouted the whole world at all and I killed the deer for some reason, upon which a giant question mark appeared on my screen and I couldn't go into the well again without sinking!

Is that where the girl went? Can anyone experiment more with this? WHAT HAPPEN.