iPhone Slamjet Stadium - Chaotic Local Multiplayer Futuresport (with traps!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alistair Aitcheson, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Alistair Aitcheson

Alistair Aitcheson Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    I'm working on a new game at the moment and I thought some of you might be interested. It's called Slamjet Stadium and is a local multiplayer game for iPad. See what you think in the trailer below!

The game is a physics-based futuristic sports game. Players launch their characters around the arenas on hoverbikes to bash the ball into the goal. There's traps to blow up each other's characters, wormholes, multiball releases, pinball bumpers and all kinds of crazy mix-ups.

The game's very hectic, and players are encouraged to play dirty by getting in each others' way or flinging their opponent's characters into traps.

I'm also working on a single-player mode for the game (the A.I. is mostly done now!) where you can take on a gauntlet of computer-controlled characters.

I've put some screenshots below and I've love to hear what you think so far! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

More information on its development is on my blog if you're interested

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Absolutely criminal that this thread hasn't been getting any attention. I've had Greedy Bankers on my phone since it was released, and it's one of the few games I'll never ever delete. Can't wait for this! :D

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I just got a beta test build of this and it's a great game, I have only played single player so far but certainly a one to watch.
    The art style is fantastic too.

4. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks very much, both of you. Means a lot to me to hear such nice comments! :)

To update, the game has been submitted to the App Store now, and I plan to launch on 14th March. Very excited!

5. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Just to let you know, the game's out in 2 days time now - very excited to launch it!

If you're interested I've put up a couple of videos about its development. One is a video showing how it's grown and evolved via screenshots, and the other's a talk I gave about the development process. I hope they're of interest! :)

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice, I tested this a bit and its definitely fun. Love the art style too

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Wish I could play this ....
    Will there be an iPhone version?

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looking forward to this, we love local multiplayer iPad games, and this reminds me of Mutant League Hockey, which isn't a bad thing! ;)

9. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Heya :) As it is, probably not - it really needs the tablet-sized screen to work. However, I may make a new game of the same core mechanics for iPhone if I can think of a satisfying way to do it.

oooooomonkey, drelbs - thanks very much! :)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's so entertaining watching how your mind works, Alister. If anyone watches the videos above (as well as the one you did for Greeky Bankers) and doesn't throw some money your way, they're just flat-out insane! :p

As I post this, the game should be out in NZ. 8 hours to go for the Lebanese App Store! :)