★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Spread color. Spread joy. Thrill to the emergence of strange new creatures. And burn them all to ashes.

Intel LevelUp Best "Other" Game.
Indiecade 2013 Finalist.
A-MAZE "WTF" Shortlist.
SXSW 2014 Nominee.

"It's the strangest game I have played in the last 10 years ... the whole game feels like a acid dream" -The Gaming Ground

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary love is a wonderful weird little game ... There's some magic here. -Rami Ismail, Vlambeer

Cube and Star: An Arbitrary Love is one of those indie games that make us remember why indie games are so important. -Hooked Gamers

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love is a strange entity, but it makes a compelling case for games as high-art. -Critical Indie Gamer

Explore an ever-changing, ever-bizarre world.
Night falls, day rises, grass grows, and the world becomes slick with rain.
Seek out the lost voices of the Tiny Things, unearth relics, pointlessly accumulate currency.
Decrypt the bizarre language of the Tiny Things.
Resurrect long-dead creatures.
Flood the world with color.... and drown the world in fire.
Raise strange new structures and bear witness as their occupants continue their grim calling

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love is a surreal open-world exploration game about the creation of life, joy and the pointlessness of existence.

Eat fruit, nudge trees, stain the ground and thrill to the emergence of strange and vapid creatures in your fool's errand to reunite the Ancient Cube and Star.

Day breaks, grass grows, night falls, stars fall from the sky, trees shed their fruit...

And across the world other cubes like yourself are bounding around, each with their own tiny opinions to impart to you... if you have the patience to listen.

As the grey world comes to life - secrets emerge from the ground: discover ancient relics, bizarre monetary tokens and personal journal entries left by cubes long gone.

Fill your void with knowledge, flood the world with color, burn the world to ashes - and watch as an ancient entity is reborn.

And relax....
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Another indie PC port, always good to see! I've heard a lot about the unconventional gameplay and abstract world, looking forward to this
06-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Hmm..PC port. Interesting. will check it out later.

Trailer from the developer: (Not the mobile version)

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-01-2014 at 06:10 PM.
06-01-2014, 06:21 PM
This is from the same developer as Ball of Woe, which is a game I enjoyed a lot. I likely will pick this up.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I really liked this one on the PC.

Basically you wander along, explore and paint the world. Creation, destruction, a few interesting things to find, lots of stuff to collect.

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
06-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I have been playing it for a while. It does not spell out what to do at all and the wandering seems somewhat pointless. I am a bit dissapointed here. Ball of Woe seemed to mix some game play along with it's bizzare humor.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 06-03-2014 at 12:05 AM.