• Publisher: Gamesmold
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 164.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (5)
App description: Now FREE for a limited time!
Selected for "Best of 2013" in the Indie Games Category by App Store Japan!

Winner of Silver Award at Pocketgamer: "Shadow Vamp is ghoulish fun!"

148Apps: "I really cant emphasize how great Shadow Vamp looks in motion", "terrific balance of difficulty, inventiveness, and quirkiness"

AppAdvice Today's Best Apps: "wonderful 3-D graphics, (...) fun and challenging"

Your nightly hunt for blood has taken you too long and now the sun is already up!
You must find a safe place to hide - but don't step into direct sunlight!
Rotate the entire island with your magical amulet to form a safe path of shadows.
Unlock various vampires with different skills that can help you solve this tricky task!

Get ready for a totally unique gameplay experience - featuring an on-screen scroll wheel for intuitive and precise controls over the shadows.

This app is fully localized for 12 different languages.
Features Game Center and iCloud integration.

Watch the trailer video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-oStf5mE0

Tips:
- Revisit levels with different vampires to find new paths and treasures
- Complete levels multiple times for more coins
- Water pits can also protect your vampire

metalcasket's comments:

11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to finish this game but controls are killing the experience for me... like mentioned just one post above, moving crates is awkward, but its worse: moving other things around could even result in going over them and making them somewhat frustrating. On top of that, sometimes the wheel to rotate the shadows auto rotates and moves by its own making some difficult tasks even more difficult due to the controls. Also, liked mentioned above (again), tomato cans? are placed randomly and exploration is impossible due to the restrains. Would have been way more awesome if you had a character with upgradable stats, not having to save tons of money for one that is not even different from the standard one.

The concept, the novel idea of rotating the island to make a path of shadows is genius, but the execution... not so much. Better controls and this game improves a lot. The game is already there just needs further tweaking.

And deleted (saved my game if an update to make it better to play it arises).
11-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Yeah, I think I'm close to that myself. Too glitchy and too awkward in the current state. I'm finding myself getting annoyed with it. When that happens, it's time to walk away.
Yeah, the AppStore (and my iPhone) has too many good games to get stuck in one. If it fails me, I delete it and keep going with another.

11-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I agree, but I also don't drop games on a whim simply because the going gets tough. There have to be things wrong with my experience, usually things out of my control. Once I am able to feel that happening, which takes time and assessment, then I move on. This reminds me of Sine Mora, where I had to fight the game in order to get enjoyment out of it. Though Shadow Vamp is not nearly that extreme, I am finding the end result to be more empty than the strength of the core mechanic.

This game has tons of potential, but needs polishing. I think I'll revisit it down the road.
Yep, that's why I backed my saved game just in case it gets better. If a time arrives that when pushing boxes around doesn't end with me dying because I walk over the crates (way worse with seeds) I will go back again.
11-12-2013, 05:10 AM
For the love of god, how do I beat 3-2?!
Great game, I'm just up against a wall! Aside from that, it's good looking, great score, novel idea.
12-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Free again.
02-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Updated... Controls issues fixed, but i never had any problems with the controls personally.

One of the most innovative games on iOS right here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Pocket Gamer Awards 2014 Finalist! Vote now!

Shadow Vamp has been selected as a Pocket Gamer Awards 2014 finalist!

If you like the game, please VOTE for it in the "Best Casual/Puzzle Game" category:
http://pocketgamer.us6.list-manage.c...b&e=a50253afc7

(Note: It still shows the old icon with Nosferella)

Thanks a lot and please spread the word!

www.gamesmold.com
Maker of Shadow Vamp, Blood Roofs, Spooky Hoofs, Zoo Turn and more...
Like on Facebook: facebook.com/Gamesmold
Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/Gamesmold