New "LiveFire" Video (ngmoco)!! :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by qasim, Jun 9, 2009.

1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    #1 qasim, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    Link

Can't wait! :)

SlideToPlay

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up

3. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    "LiveFire" gets better every time I hear about it. Excellent video, I am quite impressed with the depth in this title. What a great addition to the iphone game repertoire.

4. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Wow, if they added a campaign this game would definitely have that "complete" feeling I am looking for. It seems like dev's keep falling short, possibly because they are worried people wont pay the cost of development?

Either way, this game looks groundbreaking for the iPhone.

5. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I agree. I can see why they wouldn't want to add a campaign mode and make it exclusively online, but I'd want to be able to play it offline too.

Of course, I'll still buy it :).

7. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    And for that reason they will not put in the extra effort to make this game perfect. ;)

8. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Lol.. terrible terrible camera angle. but it looks good. hope to see some more videos soon. wonder when it will be released.

9. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I hope they suprise us with this like they did with star defense.

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Don't expect TOO much from this game... People were obsessed about Dropship and Star Defense's release. Now that they're out, people either are disappointed, expecting much more than what's there. I sure was with Star Defense =(

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm kind of surprised that STP was able to shoot this video, we were told several times by a number of different ngmoco staff at the party that we couldn't shoot direct video of the screen. Their PR company has been very very tight with not letting any media out, we couldn't even post screenshots we took of Star Defense even with approval before it was released.

Kind of odd STP just got carte blanche on taking this kind of video.

12. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

#12 Vinny554, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    From what I heard, they want it to release it near the debut of iPhone OS 3. That's what I heard....but I seriously can't wait for this freakin game. Looks all out amazing. :D

I just really hope they don't get too cocky and overprice it. If it's anymore than $10 thats rediculous. Around $8 would be good for this game.

13. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Theyll price it cheaper in the beginning. I'd think that would be the strategy to attract crowds to fill online servers.

14. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    hope they have regional servers

15. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    Wow this game looks amazing to me.
    Hope this comes out soon and i can't wait.
    Hopefully it comes with an introductory price to get more people in the servers.

16. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

same. This game blows my mind just watching the videos.

17. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah.. me too.. Star defense was kind of disappointing for me too, especially for $4.99. Maybe it's just me getting tired of tower defense type games... that doesn't do more to the game.

18. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    "Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed."

People raise their hopes and expectations too high. That's why if a game isn't perfect, then it immediately does bad.

Although, I am hoping that this game is going to be the first good FPS online multiplayer for the iPhone. The game looks great and there doesn't seem to be much lag. The auto-fire feature is good since it's hard to move around and fire at the same time on an iPhone/iPod Touch.

I'm waiting for it to come out and it's killing me not to know when it's being released. >.<

19. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I want this game to be huge, I want this game to look amazing and I want this game to be 100% lag free online, but I keep my expectations on a realistic level :)

The game is shaping up to be a great portable fps experiance, and an app I will buy asap.

20. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    Looking forward to this one... The different armors should make for some interesting differences in gameplay (but in the same battle) :D