iPhone Dust Up - 2-player tactical battle game for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BattleTeemu, Mar 16, 2011.

1. BattleTeemu

BattleTeemu Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Game Developer
    Helsinki, Finland
    #1 BattleTeemu, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Hi

Dust Up for Two is a 2-player real-time strategy game for iPad with lots of action and big explosions!

Check out the game play video below to see it in action.

Two rival factions of cyber-animals, The Monkidroids and The Dolphos battle for their survival on Oberon - the outermost major moon of Uranus. The game play is like 2-player tower defense with players sending attackers to enemy territory and building turrets and cannons for defense. Controlling energy-producing uranium fields is crucial for victory.

We are a small game studio founded by two guys. We've been developing Dust Up for a few months and play testing it with friends and random people in bars and parties. Reception has been promising: a group of early testers got so excited that they already organized world's first Dust Up tournament by themselves.

We are now looking for more testers to give us feedback before the release. We are also going to continue developing the game to introduce new units and features. If you are enthusiastic about the genre, please sign up for beta testing here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BattleTeemu

BattleTeemu Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Game Developer
    Helsinki, Finland
  3. spongefile

spongefile Active Member

Jun 21, 2009
    web dev concept designer
    Helsinki, Finland
    Big thumbs up

This game is awesome. Have played various betas, lots of thought and playtesting has gone on here, and it's honestly the only two-people-one-iPad game I can flat-out recommend besides Shotshotshoot. It's a REAL Game. You know, the kind that's actually fun to play, and not a half-hearted platform experiment?

Go give it a shot, people.

4. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Is it out?

5. BattleTeemu

BattleTeemu Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Game Developer
    Helsinki, Finland
    karlth, it's not yet in App Store, but beta testing is going on. I'm just preparing a build for a new bunch of beta testers, signup and we'll include you.

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Well I got my iPad 2 last Friday so I'll give you a hand with the beta testing.

7. BattleTeemu

BattleTeemu Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Game Developer
    Helsinki, Finland
    zergslayer69, thanks, that's great.

If you can leave your device identifier (needed for beta builds) via our Beta signup process, that is the easiest way. There are instructions how to get your UDID after you leave your email http://huikea.com/dustup Btw, mention the iPad2 and that you are zergslayer69 from TouchArcade forums and we will make sure that you are included in the next beta build.

If you know how to get your UDID, you can of course send it directly to [email protected].

Thanks for the help!

8. greymikko

greymikko Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Co-founder, Grey Area
    Explosive Fun

I've been playing this game since the early Alpha rounds and I'm still totally addicted to it. It's an awesome combination of strategy, fast paced combat and biig explosions.

My personal favorite is to overwhelm the opponent with zerg tactics forcing him to go into defensive mode while I build up my power generation. Of course some players have good counters against this tactic but with proper placement of units you can take out even more advanced gamers.

Anyone with an iPad should get this game. It's basically the reason I carry my iPad to the office.

9. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Is this based on a board game? Your website seems to show a group of players around a big fortress etc?

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks good, but is there an online mode or offline campaign (for those without a buddy to play this sort of game??

11. pek

pek New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Hi! One of the devs here.

The game is not directly based on a board game, but we like to think it as the board game replacement for the tablet era. You can slam the pad on a bar table and start playing, no setup required, with all the animation, sound and real-time battle that a digital device can offer.

The game is purely face-to-face two player for now. It is at its best in a bar, with drinks, and people cheering around. Online play would be great too, we need to think about that.

12. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    #12 steviebwoy, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    *Another* reason for me to get an iPad!

PS: What is that game they're all playing in the photo, then?? Or is it just a weird tablecloth?!? It looks like castle ramparts!!

[​IMG]

13. pek

pek New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    That's Dust Up on an iPad! They like to use oriental carpets as tablecloths at the local pub, for some reason.

14. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    :D Oh yeah, I see it now! I thought it was some exotic board for a board game! :p

15. BattleTeemu

BattleTeemu Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Game Developer
    Helsinki, Finland
    steviebwoy, it's totally new game of our design, not based on a board game. Compared to traditional board games, the feel of the game is more intense and fast-paced, a bit like real-time strategy game.

arta, thanks. Dust Up For Two is face-to-face two player game for parties etc. without online campaign. However, we are working on online play, Dust Up For Two is a sample of things to come!

16. SuperFunApps

SuperFunApps Well-Known Member

this is amazing, guys. so fun and multiplaya!!!

17. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Did I miss the announcement? Is it out yet?

18. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    so this is just for ipad?not universaal?

19. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Anyone know what happened to this game?

20. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I would like to know too. It certainly looks like a winner. I want it.