★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Standing before a premier Viking, you are challenged to undertake 4 tasks before you can go on a viking expedition. Finally the result will show whether you are a true viking.

Lazer Kat's comments:
Everything about this is great. The graphics are gorgeous. The production value is high. The voice acting is done really well. The fun factor is there.
You have to make choices to prepare yourself to pillage and trade, as a Viking.
I could go into detail, but it's free with zero ads & zero IAPs.
It should really be experienced.
02-25-2014, 01:10 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 552
Well, this isn't what I was expecting. I don't have time to get past the intro right now, but it has surprisingly high production values and seems to have been licensed by a museum, presumably a Danish one.

02-25-2014, 06:02 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
Well, this isn't what I was expecting. I don't have time to get past the intro right now, but it has surprisingly high production values and seems to have been licensed by a museum, presumably a Danish one.
I'm not sure why it was created or by who, but I know it is awesome.
If this isn't my choice for gotw I'll be surprised.

The entire experience is over far too soon, unfortunately.
It's probably about 20 minutes to get to the end, but there's a very high replay value...
As I want to explore all of the choices, and I still haven't became a "true Viking".
My first playthrough I died, the second I made it to the end, but bad choices prevented me from becoming a true Viking.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-25-2014 at 06:15 AM.
02-25-2014, 09:27 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,451
Every cinematic is extremely choppy on the ipad air, making it unplayable. Such a shame, it looked reallt good!
02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Every cinematic is extremely choppy on the ipad air, making it unplayable. Such a shame, it looked reallt good!
Runs perfect on iPad 2 and 4, and yes, it is reallllyyyy gooood.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-25-2014 at 06:52 PM.
02-25-2014, 05:37 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 552
I've not figured out how to get anywhere in the alliances section. Everywhere else I've got a hang of but I've failed every time on that one.
02-25-2014, 06:51 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I've not figured out how to get anywhere in the alliances section. Everywhere else I've got a hang of but I've failed every time on that one.
I just became a true Viking. If you'd like to know what I did in the alliance portion, here it is:
i gave an animal to the king. I gave jewels to the maiden. I gave a fur to the 2nd guy from the left, and in return he gave me some land.