Hook Worlds by Rocketcat Games (reelasing 16/dec)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Piasintein, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    http://blog.rocketcat-games.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I really like Hook Champ (I'm still playing it), but I didn't fall in love with Super QuickHook (I deleted it when I bought my new iPod touch 4G). I'll buy Hook Swing Worlds, though, Rocketcat Games deserves my/our support

3. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Whaaaaat? i thought they were working on an action RPG title.

4. WingedDevil

WingedDevil Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Luxembourg
    Awesome :D I love those Hook Games, every Rocketcat Game is an instant buy :cool:

5. Silverdraken

Silverdraken Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Sweden
    They are. I think that'll be their next game. I don't think they have any surprise-hooking games left after this one at least. :p

EDIT: Kepa, will there be Game Center support?

6. boardgameguru

boardgameguru Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    #6 boardgameguru, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    Ninj

Here is an original idea (not)

Ninja Hooker

Just like those Gamerizon people who dont answer emails about game development service.
    And lots of other studios and small developers) I might add

They are either trying to phise for your games ideas or no reply at all

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    ROFL @ Ninja Hooker... There's a night that you'll never forget.

8. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I hope there will be DLC. $.99 is just too sweet if a deal for this.

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    No one listen to this man. He's gone insane from all the extra money he'll be saving buying at this awesome price.

10. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #10 csklimowski, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    They say this this will be the last purely hook-swinging game, so we can now call it the "hook trilogy".

btw could someone give me a hint to the location of SQH's secret level? Please? I've looked EVERYWHERE!

11. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    I freakin love these games. Hook Champ was amazing and Super Quickhook was even greater. I seriously can't wait for this title and the three (with a possibility of four or more parts to this game) makes it sound even more awesome. Do your best Rocketcat, I'll be here waiting to throw my money at you (all 99 cents of it (haha hopefully I won't hit an eye)).

Beat all the dev scores/gold everything or something like that and it'll appear at the far right of the level select screen.

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Most people like SQH better, but Hook Champ does have certain things that we should have kept in the second title. One big thing was the pre-level banter and tighter storyline. We're bringing that back for HSW.

We were/are, but early testing showed that it was a decent game. We're putting it on a back burner and changing a lot of its core gameplay until it's an amazing game. Even if we're trying out the 99 cent market for a bit, we still want to make really good games.

Real mature, man. I don't understand the second bit.

This is the last hook-racing game. After this one, we're moving to more actiony games. They'll still mostly have hooks, but the hooks will be for maneuvering and bullet dodging instead of flinging through the levels at breakneck speeds. Kind of like Bionic Commando, if the grappling hook in that game was more responsive.

Game Center support: Almost definitely. We need to take a look at it and make sure some things we want to do are kosher, though.

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So could that probably mean vs multiplayer instead of the duel system?

14. Smoothie Boy

Smoothie Boy Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Thank you so much!

Oh man, I can't wait for this to come out! I loved the last two (SQH a little more) and can't stop playing them (even through I've unlocked everything). I seriously hope you add tons of stuff to this (DLC, hats, etc) and hey, you never know if this will be as big a hit as Angry Birds if it stays at 99 cents. I just hope you keep OpenFeint and the leaderboards (which made the past two games so addicting).

15. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    That would be awesome/ What I'm hoping for

In my opinion that would make it one of the best multiplayer games for game center

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I was specifically thinking automatic-save-backup stuff.

We did want to try messing around with a real Vs multiplayer mode, but that would have to come in a post-release update. We need to figure out how much time that would take, for one thing. No duels right out the gate, either. All resources are going to go towards polishing the core game, first.

17. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Anything by Rocketcat is an instant buy for me. I really like how you guys truly are taking the 'endless running' genre to a new level by adding three variations of it. This genre seems to be all the rage at the moment so it's nice to see something different. :)

I'm glad it's endless though, because I have only unlocked a little over half of the levels in SQH. It's so difficult for me. :p It's fantastic though, so much I still bought Super Quack Hook! :D

18. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Will it still be challenging for us veteran players?

19. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    What about the hook-twirling animation? That looked so cool in HC!

20. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Agreed. I do miss that.

Also i just read that there only going to be one hooking angle whch sucks for me as I am one of those few people whoo use qpawns quickhooking methode.