BaliFied - Word Game of the Gods

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dragon Game Studio, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    #1 Dragon Game Studio, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Hi everyone!

Monday 6th of June 2016 we soft-launched our new game BaliFied - Word Game of the Gods in Sweden and The Netherlands. This current version we have been working on for over a year, but the project actually started more than 4 years ago as you can see in these two very old threads:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=176581&highlight=balified
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=180506&highlight=balified

Global release is expected in about a month from now.

Here’s the App Store trailer:

We also got featured on App Advice:
    www.appadvice.com/trailers/balified

BaliFied is a turn-based social word game similar to Words With Friends but with a completely different and unique gameplay. If you enjoy word games like that, I can guarantee that you will like this game!

Even though it's not released worldwide yet you can already Beta Test it and participate in the contest we have running here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=288599

We are giving away $700 in iTunes Gift cards or PayPal in that thread, the competition is taking place for the whole month of June.

The soft launch is going really well and we reached no.1 position in the free card games category, no.2 position in the free word game category and top 25 in the free games category in the Dutch App Store! The feedback we have from players is also very positive, some even call it one of the best word games ever :D

[​IMG]

Thanks for your support, we would love to hear your comments!

Sunny greetings from the island of Bali!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I came in third this week, it's a lot of fun to play. good luck everyone

3. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks good ! I like to challenge my friends and play with them even when we are far away. i am really happy to try this game. Congrats !

4. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks a lot, appreciate the kind words! :D

You can try it out already, we are beta testing it and running a competition here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=288599

We're giving away $175 each week during the month of June to the 3 players with highest scores :)

5. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    This is the icon, what do you guys think? Does it represent what kind of game genre it is well, and is it attractive to you?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

6. priyaaggarwal

priyaaggarwal New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Super cool game

One should also check the brand new game, Slither.io and also check it's Slither skins which can help you get a better experience. The game is an evolved version of snake.

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I definitely dig the icon!

8. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks, happy you like it! We actually choose this one from a few others, see image :) did we choose the right one? C was very popular as well....

[​IMG]

9. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Actually what about D with the reddish sky from A? Otherwise D for sure.

10. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion! We'll give it a try :)

11. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    These are the App Store screenshots :) Any feedback appreciated!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    After playing for some time, I can safely say that this is one of the best word games to come out in quite some time. For those who have not played yet:
    The letter card mechanic is surprisingly original considering how many word games are out there after 7 years of the App Store.
    You can steal your opponent's cards as long as you use one of your own to start the word. If you or your opponent save words instead of submitting them for points right away, they can either be stolen if you have the right letters to make the word longer, or it can prevent letter cards from being stolen.
    There is strategy here so that if you have as good vocabulary, it won't feel like the game is just luck. There is potential to rack up some serious points!
    Graphics are well done, the game is polished and executes its theme perfectly. There are plenty of background options and the cards are easy to read.
    The controls are perfect as well.
    I can't say one negative thing about this game.
    If you like competitive word games and are tired of the scrabble formula, you'll love this.

13. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Looking good. Look forward to this one...

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    This one is not the average word game! There's a whole lot more involved here and it becomes more of a strategic battle of words between two opponents.

I really like that there's a variety of special items that add an extra twist to your matches. Honestly I'm not a big word game fan ( mostly because of my bad spelling) but I've really enjoyed testing this and battling everyone. I would say having the ability to play against the computer would be nice for practice

15. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #15 sinagog, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Just wanted to stroll into this thread to inform y'all that this really is one of the better online multiplayer games out there once you learn the mechanics. If you're some kind of scrabble wizard, you may have a slight advantage, but even monosyllabic caveman have a chance to pip their loquacious opponents thanks to the ability to BALIFY! Balify, verb: to multiply your score by having only saved words and no wasted letters by the end of the game. I can verify this, as I was throwing out ten-dollar words like Oxymoronic (particularly proud of that one) and Rocketing to my opponent, and still the dastardly villain beat me because I didn't spend enough time thinking about balifying. :mad: This adds a whole new dimension to your typical scrabble game.

The game might have ended up like one of those excruciatingly drawn-out telephone/mail games of chess people would play back in the olden days if it weren't for the fact that you can play five games on the run. So while you're waiting for Peker from Finland and Bruce from Australia to make their moves, you can put in a few rounds with Howard who's online at the same time as you. There is an IAP to upgrade the number of games you can play on the fly from five to a hundred, and this, along with the coin doubler, are probably the two most essential upgrades, though neither are strictly necessary to enjoy the game. As to the coin system, there are a few special power-ups you can make use of during the game, like one which finds the most valuable word possible, or one which gives you a wild card letter. I only really found myself using them in a pinch, but the coins are copious enough that you won't end up running out unless you're using them every round. If so, a facebook or twitter share can replenish them soon enough.

Anyway, the game is fun, slick, upbeat, and free of the hectoring ugly vibe of most freemium games. I don't see why it shouldn't become a big success once it's out of soft launch. Give it a go when it's on wide release!

16. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    vectorarchitekt, dreadnok & sinagog

Thank you so much for your reviews! It makes us really happy to hear you enjoy the game so much :D Great to see that our hard work and countless hours of polishing actually paid off!

The soft launch in The Netherlands was received amazingly well! We couldn't be happier with the first week and players seem to love the game as much as you guys do, and we reached positions high up the charts.

iPad:
    #1 Free Word Game
    #1 Free Card Game
    #10 Free Games
    #34 Overall Free Apps

iPhone:
    #1 Free Card Game
    #2 Free Word Game
    #33 Free Games
    #119 Overall Free Apps

Thanks again for the feedback!

Btw sinagog, the premium gives the player the possibility to play 100 matches :)

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm so glad the game is being received as it should!
    I just need to get better at Balifying.

18. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks vectorarchitekt :)

And fun fact of the day:

Today it's our daughters 3rd birthday. She is featured in this background that's included in the premium package. She's the dancer in the back :)

[​IMG]

19. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks Samulaan!

I just saw your location here on Touch Arcade says Bali, are you living in here? :D

Our studio is in Sanur.

20. DrPixel

DrPixel Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Student
    Arizona, USA
    I've honestly really enjoyed playing this game - quite a bit so! I was surprised too, since usually I'm not a big fan of word games. I do enjoy them, but I often get bored after a few matches and just quit permanently. Yet, one of the things I look for most in games is a variety of unique mechanics, and this game surprised me in that aspect. Initially I kept scoring fairly low until I realized that the powerups were actually super useful. On top of that, the "Balified" mechanic is super cool! I think it's a good way to both allow for comebacks and highly strategic play (along with the whole "word saving" thing). It's awesome!

If anyone thinks this game looks interesting, it definitely is! It's pretty unique for a word game and I'm definitely enjoying it. It's polished, fun, and certainly worth checking out! ;)