Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Interestingly, my new iPad 3 loads the same level slower than the iPad 2. This was a very short test so not extremely conclusive. New iPad has nothing else loaded on it yet, has the exact same game build as the other iPad.

The 3D scenes look great, nice and sharp. I'm going to up the anti-aliasing and see how that goes. Graphics are nice and sharp in general on the new iPad. I'd throw up a screenshot, but what's the point. It's huge!

I had to use Windows to get to the provisioning portal, couldn't get to it on the mac.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:11 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonJim View Post
I was wondering about this issue. I also have a load of assets that happen to be identical for Retina iPhone as on non-retina iPad, so am going to try this:

texture.png
texture@2x.png
texture@2x@2x.png

So for the iPhone I just refer to texture.png, but on the iPad I explicitly refer to texture@2x.png, so that the Retina iPad will append @2x onto the filename (which just so happens to already be in the filename) and magically find texture@2x@2x.png. I'll report back if it doesn't work
I guess that should work like a charm. Nice idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonJim View Post
Incidentally, I really like how the home screen appears to scale up the higher-res 114px Retina-iPhone icon present in Universal apps that haven't got the 144px icon, as opposed to iPad only non-retina apps that double up the 72px icon. You can still tell they're not native res though. To see what I mean look at the Twitter icon - the bird looks kind of feathery due to the scaling.
Yes, I think such icons would all look blurry.

The next weeks will be interesting. I expect a lot of updates
Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I am satisfied with the new iPad. But I have to say that I am not "very satisfied". There is one thing that is not so nice: my iMac does not pump enough juice for the iPad. Thus "charging while developing" went out of the window...

I have the small hope that a powered USB-hub could help. Any experiences?