Average Downloads for Freemium Game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BrandonLassiter, Mar 24, 2013.

1. BrandonLassiter

BrandonLassiter Well-Known Member

Just submitted v1.1 and asked for an expedited review to fix a critical bug that causes the iPhone 5 to crash. A lot of the other bugs were fixed too as well as a few more features added. Hopefully it will be approved soon

2. BrandonLassiter

Update:

Day 1: 43
    Day 2: 47
    Day 3: 36
    Day 4: 21
    Day 5: 20
    Day 6: 19
    Day 7: 17
    Day 8: 7

Needless to say its nothing spectacular.

3. BrandonLassiter

Well it has been a while since I have updated this. Downloads have dropped to about 1-2 a day and a total of about 400 downloads since it was launched.

Is there anything cheap/free you guys usually do to increase downloads?

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Downloads are hard to come by now days, your numbers are pretty much inline with several devs I talk with. What I have noticed with my games is once the sales start to decline, it is pretty much all over and within days I will be at 1-2 downloads a day.

5. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I think that ads if done well don't interfere with the experience. It is a good way to make an IAP to remove ads too. While you might do that, I don't think your personal experience is typical.

There is a balance to be met!

The only advertising I have looked at is facebook, youtube and admob. All seem reasonably priced. However your product goes up against games like words with friends when it comes to searching. I also don't understand why your brand would be more alluring to them.