Star Wars Old Republic for Mac?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by daveyp9435, Apr 26, 2013.

1. daveyp9435

daveyp9435 New Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Has anybody lately heard more about a Mac version of the Star Wars Old Republic MMO? I know Lucas Arts game division is up in the air right now, but maybe this is a project still slated to be completed? If you know anything, I'd be grateful.

2. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    LucasArts is actually done already. And with the lack of sucess on EA's part to recoup its losses from licensing Star Wars, I don't see this ever coming to Mac.

Which is pretty unfortunate, all around.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well Lucasarts was not really involved after they transfered all the marketing and publishing part of the project but you're right though. Bioware has been coy since launch about the mac port and I don't think it's gonna come out soon if ever.

4. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Flappin' Bioware, I forgot about them also being all up in this mess.

Not sure of your take on things, but as soon as it turned free-to-play, I lost all hope that a Mac port would come around.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well seeing the way they market the game and how they are constantly breaking and fixing stuff in game, I'm pretty sure the mac version is not coming anytime soon.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    For us Mac users, it is an offer: free-to-play with purchase of Windows 7.

7. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Tadah

Of course this is old news but i saw it for the Mac over the weekend $10

8. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Um, you're thinking of Knights of the Old Republic, which has been on Mac for a while now. They're talking about the Old Republic MMO.

9. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Gotcha Ok my mistake. Still have the lights on my brain for my iPad. so i researched and found this.

"We've done a lot of Mac ports before of our games. We haven't announced any details yet for The Old Republic, but we know that's an important and large audience."

Neither would offer a strict timetable on the Mac version, but Zeschuk did note, "That's definitely one of the things we're looking at next. We want to get this launch under our belt and everything stabilized and happy, and then we'll look at other platforms, and that's obviously one of the first ones."

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    At this point in time, I highly doubt they care about the Mac audience getting a port of the game.

If I'm not wrong, The Old Republic started out strong, but is now losing steam at a terribly fast rate. The recent update/DLC was well-received, but I think it is too little too late.

I just strongly doubt they'll port it to Mac at this rate.

11. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I've read some of that same stuff where they acknowledged the Mac audience, but that was right after launch when the game was doing really well. Since they went F2P, I've pretty much given up hope of a Mac port happening. I play SWTOR on my Mac through Bootcamp and Windows 7.

12. darkprophecies

darkprophecies New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Lucky for you, Ive got the perfect solution. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5idkHf3FM I have a tutorial on how to play SWTOR on mac without parallels or bootcamp. Its required wine/crossover.