Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBaby86 View Post
Isn't it around $40 for the regular consoles?
Console is generally more expensive, but there still bargains to be had like Max Payne 3 for $8 on the US PSN store. As for PC I got the recently ported XCOM, along with Spec Ops the line, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinity for $10. More than XCOM sells for on iOS.

there's bargains nto be had, throw in Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, RAGE, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider etc for $5-$10 each and you play quite cheaply on PC.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Price doesnt affect me on iOS. Not saying i'm rich or that but after years of buying computer and console games, the prices of iOS games are SOOO cheap. Even triple AAA titles, last one i bought was Baldurs Gate, bargain after paying about $60 for it back in the 90's.

The thing which does affect me (apart from IAP crazy games) is the size of the game. I wanted to get X-Com but i just dont have no where near the spare space to install it.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

My usual limit is 69p. I did push it up to 1.50 for Badland (two weeks before it went free 😡 ) and 4 for Magic 2013, but that's all.

I don't have double standards about consoles though. The price is one of the reasons I do t bother with consoles or computer games any more.

Last edited by dancj; 08-07-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

On the App Store: $2.99 is my limit for a blind buy, $0.99 is generally all I want to pay, with some exceptions. If it's from a studio I know and love and respect, I will probably buy their apps at any price when they launch.

On consoles and handhelds, I will usually buy the game at full price if I'm looking forward to it ($40 to $60, generally). The App Store is very difficult to keep track of with developers, game releases, updates, etc... but the console and handheld worlds aren't hard to keep track of at all, plus there are always tons of previews and screenshots for the games; it's easy to get a gauge of how much I'll enjoy the game, so it's much easier for me to jump in at full-price.

Plus, I expect deeper experiences on the consoles, but let's not get into that debate