Universal Dead Effect 2 (by BadFly Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    #1 BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Dead Effect 2 (action sci-fi FPS)

Today is a great day for all of us in BadFly, the day of pride and pleasure. After nearly 10 months of development, we're now finally ready to officially announce our upcoming sci-fi game Dead Effect 2.

The game is being developed primarily for most iOS- and Android-compatible devices and you will be able to play it in the third quarter of 2015.

With more then 8 million downloads of Dead Effect game, our team's objective is to create a new generation of a mobile action shooter, offering you intense gaming experience in console quality, extended with a load of brand-new gaming elements.

Story description

In the distant future, you find yourself once again aboard ESS Meridian, far away from Earth, in deep space. You were created as a weapon, without fear or restraint.

But right now, THEY cannot control you.

An unexpected danger lurks in the shadow of the spaceship. Someone or something new is waiting for you there. It has the power to take over your mind, and once it's there, it never leaves.

Will you become the hunter or the prey?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is running with all the features you can see on these screenshots like normal & specular maps on everything, realtime reflections on water, postprocess effects like bloom, screen deformation all those with ragdoll physics and many other features on ipad4/iphone5 and above.

Hope guys you like it, we we'll be gradually releasing more informations about DE2 here in this thread, so stay tuned!

BadFly devs.

2. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Is the bow back? , and is it server based?
    I really like the first game because it was the best zombie game on the AppStore
    Killing zombies with arrows make me feel like a badass

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice. Pretty excited for this one.

4. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
  5. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Excited to This sequel..

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Looking very nice.

7. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

consider me hyped :)

8. NexusInfinity

NexusInfinity Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
  9. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I hope the environments are more free-roam esque! Just more areas to explore ! This game is 110% way better than DT2

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Could you add gun movement, my ONLY problem with the first was that you feel like you are floating around and you also do not have footsteps.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Damn this is looking great! Definitely seems like it'll live up to the original

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And i hope the original and this will have FULL MFi controller support. The first one had good gameplay controls with the controller, but the menus are touch-only.

13. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi Touch Arcade!

Hey guys!

My name is Andrea Miklová and I work as a PR and community manager at BadFly Interactive. From now on, I'll be taking care of all your wants and needs related to Dead Effect and Dead Effect 2. Whatever the problem with your zombies, I'm here to help! I'll do my best to reply to all your reactions and questions related to our game.

We're still in the process of developing Dead Effect 2, but we've already added lots of cool new features and elements, which we'll uncover one by one and we'll be very happy to discuss them with you guys, so that our final product will be cut and polished according to your needs!

P.S.: If you need anything, you can e-mail me: [email protected] or tweet to me @Andrea_BFI

14. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi madreviewer, yes, the bow and the crossbow will be back, and thanks to the new ragdoll physics you'll be able to enjoy more interesting gameplay with these two weapons. We are also planning different types of ammo for these, from standard arrows to explosive ones! I'm really glad that you liked the original game, but I hope that DE2 with all the innovations will dethrone it :)

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Hello,I'm really excited about,I'm a early and always supported Dead Effect,as the Devs behind it are really awesome guys,I had a question since Dead Effect was build with Unity Engine,we see the Unity 5 new engine on Dead Effect 2? Thanks

16. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic

Great, thank you guys!
    The game assets which are currently presented here are directly from the game - what you see is what you get. The images present the real look of the game on all high-end devices (iPhone5, iPhone6, iPad4, iPod5 and more). We are planning on publishing a video from the tech demo we had prepared for GDC2015, so that you can see the gameplay on Apple devices and create an informed opinion :)

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hi Andrea... Would it be possible to add full MFi controller support for the first Dead Effect? The actual missions plays fantastic with a controller, but the menus can only be navigated throuch the touchscreen.

That said, im really hoping Dead Effect 2 will have the full MFi support on release. Looking forward to DE2! Really love the first one.

18. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Yes, this is one of the main changes as compared to DE1 - we're doing our best to provide a more interesting and more entertaining gameplay environment. There will be more levels from various environments with different textures, so yeah - you'll definitely enjoy it ;)

19. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    The player-weapon system for DE2 has been written completely from scratch, so you can look forward to enhanced animations and first-person camera work. We've also added the footsteps, so you'll be able to hear them in DE2.

20. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi there! Full controller support is something we've focused on when creating DE2, so yeah, all menus, mini-games and puzzles will be playable not only on touch screens, but will also fully support the whole range of controllers, including keyboard and mouse.

However, I don't think we will be adding that to DE1 though...