Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonplay View Post
1. Free with one level pack(is 20 levels too much?) and $2 IAP for the rest three level packs
2. $1 game with two level packs unlocked and $1 IAP for the rest.

What do you think? Which one is better?
Both. You'll get twice the visibility and more incomes.

JC
Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

As others have mentioned it's best to stay under the 50mb limit so you can get OTA downloads.

On a side note, did you do the graphics yourself or did you outsource? They look really great. If you outsourced how did you go about finding quality artists to work with?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
As others have mentioned it's best to stay under the 50mb limit so you can get OTA downloads.

On a side note, did you do the graphics yourself or did you outsource? They look really great. If you outsourced how did you go about finding quality artists to work with?
It's not just an over the air thing, I suspect some kids with 8gb devices check the download size and wouldn't be prepared to delete 40 or so mp3s to make room. Even those who didn't notice the size will probably find themselves short on space at some point and will 'list by size' and delete apps that can't justify the storage. These people won't be downloading your updates or showing the game to their friends.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just played your game. Quite good really. I was playing Lunar Lander last week strangely enough. I think people look for unique gaming experiences mostly and we all know how easy it is to make an original, addictive money making game that catches on.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Thanks guys for taking part in this thread. It seems that many of you think the file size was a huge issue with my game. Happily I'm able to go under 50MB with Zen Sand.

Still wishing for more input on the pricing model:

1. Free with one level pack(is 20 levels too much?) and $2 IAP for the rest three level packs
2. $1 game with two level packs unlocked and $1 IAP for the rest.

Ovogame: I guess it's against Apple's TOS to release two versions with the same content. Or is it?

DannyTheElite: I was thinking also that number one could be a better option. Do you think that giving 20 levels for free is too much? On the other hand if I were to start with paid, I could have free promotions.

Freespirit: Thanks! Nice to hear you tried it! I think I agree that many people look for unique experiences and Lander hero isn't unique enough.

Last edited by polygonplay; 02-26-2013 at 02:14 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonplay View Post
I guess it's against Apple's TOS to release two versions with the same content. Or is it?
It's not the same content. One is fully playable, the other one is free with in app purchase + ads or whatever you can think about to monetize. I do that almost for all my apps.

JC
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

sprite: I did the graphics for Lander Hero by myself.