Machines at War 3 RTS - like Command & Conquer, Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Rasterman, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    What didn't work? What do you search for on the app store when looking for RTS games? (question for everyone)

2. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    This brings back a lot of memories! There seems to be a nice total Annihilation vibe from the game, hope it translates well to the touch screen.

3. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #23 Magnum0ik, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    I think with me, I am always looking for that "C&C beater". The benchmark was set so high in terms of graphics (for their time), unit build and also learning curve that not many have successfully pulled it off. Dune (the one that started it all), Z, Total Anhilation to name but 3 is pretty much it. Z of course is also on the App Store but have kept the original retro feel which is ok but graphics can be so much better as we know.

Sometimes also the small actions on screen can be pretty fidly, especially with larger fingers on say an iPhone. Ipad I think Is a much better option for these.

4. mako9227

mako9227 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    Wow this game looks great from the screenshots! If it's anything like the last one it's definitely worth buying!!!

5. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Count me in!!!

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There aren't enough quality real time strategy games on iOS like Machines at War 3 seems to be.

7. TheDMan

TheDMan Member

Sep 13, 2013
    The video is great and the screenshots look great. The maps look cool and its nice your able to play with so many units. Love that this is like SC and CC. This RTS is one to get.

8. Gamermom

Gamermom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Looks like a very nice RTS. Please add me to the list.

9. ArthynX9

ArthynX9 Active Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Very nice! I watched some videos of it. Look like its fun! Might beat Fieldrunners!

10. Nishimare

Nishimare Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Freelance Model , Full time ShoppEr
    iN YoUr HeArT~
    My all time favorite still L A S W. Hope to get my hand on this. Awesome

11. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    in the ones I have played, grabbing and selecting groups of units and doing something with them was very difficult. on the pc, it is easy to manage battles with a click-hold-drag to select and a right click to attack/move/ect. Form the couple i tried, unit control on a large scale was so terrible I have mostly decided not to even play them because the amount of frustration outweighed any enjoyment.

MAW3 looks cool enough though that i might give it a try next time I have some itunes money.. can anyone speak to how well the touch controls work?

12. ayrton1

ayrton1 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Cleveland,Oh. Usa
    Contest-game

Thanks for doing a contest for the game! It's always fun to have a chance to get something for free.

I'm not usually interested in RTS games but this one seems really cool. I love that it has over 130 items to build and upgrade. I also like the idea of the random map skirmishes as well. Seems really cool.

13. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Codes have been sent to the winners, thank you all :)

14. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    #34 Gamer1st, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    I do love RTS games. I used to play them all the time but there just don't seem to be many around lately. Playing one on an iPad seems like it would be a match made in heaven due to the touchscreen controls and holding the screen closer to your face. It would make all the details and artwork much easier to see.

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    If you like RTS, you should DEFINITELY buy this one! I totally agree, playing this on an iPad would be AMAZING. It's great on the iPhone, but yeah, iPad? Uhm hmm... :D

DBC