Missing my app reviews from app store

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by beebar, Jan 30, 2014.

1. beebar

beebar Active Member

Feb 18, 2013
    student
    Hey everybody!
    I'm sorry for this kind of topic, not so much associated with gaming, but I really need some help.

Just few minutes ago I have noticed that all of my reviews from app store are simply disappeared. When I signed in to my profile in iTunes on PC, there were no reviews at all, but yesterday there were about 30 of them.
    Not only iTunes showed no reviews. When I try to look specified app, that i was reviewed earlier from my iPhone - I can't find my review there, like i didn't even wrote it.
    When I have tried to write a new review, to watch what happens, it was absolutely OK, my review was posted and I could observe it from my account in iTunes(there is 1 review in total now)

So, I searched internet for such problem, and found nothing similar. I really hope you can help me to resolve this issue and return my reviews if possbile.
    Thank you, guys !

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I have the same problem.

I contact iTunes support but they say things are normal.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Same here, my reviews disspear quit often.

Could be someone reports them and they get removed? Other than that I can't think what it could be.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Maybe it's because the app was updated?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This, each time an app is updated it purges all reviews. If you really like a game then it's a nice courtesy to re-up your review after each update (iirc App Store saves your review so if you review after update the text is still there, just secreted away from public for some reason).

Also, sometimes there's a delay from when you complete a review and when it is posted.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I usually repost my reviews whe.n an app is updated, but I'm sure that if you don't the previous review should still show when you click on all versions, under reviews, I've seen reviews that are years old still there after an app has been updated.

When I click to post a review on a game after an updated, my previous review is already typed out. Ready for me to edit.

I initially assumed it's was cos you can't see your own, with me it's more that I never see them, guessing that's the delay, but the occasional one vanishes. I just blamed the brother, of the monster who eats socks from my washing machine.#

7. beebar

beebar Active Member

Feb 18, 2013
    student
    #7 beebar, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Actually, it is not my case, because reviews disappeared even from my iTunes profile, when i check it from PC, which never happens, when its about app update, because app update only hides your review for currents version and show it in "All versions" section, never delete it. But in my case, i can't find my reviews nor in "All versions" section, and not in itunes profile.

And, by the way, I'm talking not about a single review - its all of those i wrote :(

8. I've read that apple has a banning process regarding itunes reviews, it's hush hush, so no one knows all the particulars, but it seems people can get black listed. Though of course in your particular case, who knows.

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    i think i'm on that list.

i wonder how to unban me

10. This might be heresay, but from what I've been told, devs can request apple to remove itunes reviews under certain conditions. Then I suppose if enough of one's posts are deemed invalid, then your reviews won't show up at all. Essentially a ban.

Probably, only thing you can do is email apple support, and ask why, and see how they respond, and respond wisely.