Paid/Premium games question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mene, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi,

I'm just wondering, of all your paid/premium games, which THREE gave you the best value for money?

(Please only list 1-3, not more! Also only paid games, no free or freemium)

Here are mine:-

1: Phantom Leader. (Cost me £10 but I've been playing it daily for over a yr)
    2: Game Dev Story (I play it over and over)
    3: Junk Jack X (superb game that I never tire of)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    1. Aralon - Loved this game, played it a LOT
    2. 9th Dawn - Classic old skool Ultima style RPG, i play this a lot
    3. Battleheart Legacy - Been playing this tons

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #3 dclose, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1. Heroes of Kalevala - a match-3 game I've play, replayed, deleted in order to reinstall and play and play again.
    2. Oceanhorn - I've been holding off on finishing the final boss battle simply because I don't want this game to end. As soon as I've finished, I'm definitely starting it again from the beginning, it's just that much fun! I'd actually declare a tie between this and another FDG title: Across Age HD. Both kept me completely enthralled for hours and hours.
    3. Ski Solitaire - a relatively unknown little solitaire card game gem that pre-dates Fairway Solitaire and is a much better game than the latter imho. I've played the heck out of this one over the years.

P.S. great thread! I've already discovered two more games I want to buy.

4. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Game Dev Story - Dozens of hours in the first playthrough and enough reason to play through three or more times. One of my favourite games regardless of platform, the fact that it's so cheap only accentuates that.

Dungelot - I adore this game. The amount of gameplay you can get from essentially repetitive grinding is immense, the fact that it's not at all boring is pretty impressive.

Plague Inc. - Constant updates with decent amounts of content and an addictive campaign in its own right. Recreating existing diseases or tackling the scenarios has kep this on my device for years.

That was pretty difficult narrowing it to three; Threes, Dungeon Raid, Grading Game, King Cashing and Hoplite all came close but nothing could beat those three for the amount of hours I've sunk into them. The fact that you could pick up every game I've mentioned for around £10 is amazing and a huge indication of the strength of iOS gaming.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Pushing it down to three is difficult.

Badland.
    I cycle
    Terraria. I've got jjx too but haven't been able to get into it although it looks prettier than terraria.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #6 Nullzone, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Indeed quite difficult to narrow it down to three, so I'll cheat a bit ;)
    1) All the Spiderweb Software games, 4 so far: great roleplaying experience
    2) King of Dragon Pass: because the game is so massive and a unique roleplaying experience. Must have spent 50+ hours, and did not "win" the game yet. But here, the journey *is* the goal.
    3) This is almost a tie between several games for different reasons: As "Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion" turned up in more than one of my categories (for gameplay, story/worldbuilding, time spent) , I'll go with that.

Honorable mentions go to (those are the "almost ties" for 3rd spot):
    Warhammer Quest, Space Hulk, X-Com: for time spent playing.
    Spiral:EP1: For refreshing and different combat mechanics, and for being interesting in terms of world/story, and graphics style.
    Lili: for being different :)

Like PeteOzzy said, we get great bang for the buck here on iOS.
    I have a good amount more that did not even make it on my above list, but provide excellent gaming experience for the money spent; no matter how much certain people complain about "crazy premium prizes" and go all "me wants it for free, no matter that good quality takes a lot of time and effort".

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
    Ticket to Ride
    Bloons TD 5 HD

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Isn't galaxy on fire 2 HD free?

9. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    - The World Ends With You
    - Battleheart Legacy
    - Final Fantasy 6

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I originally paid $9.99 for the game when it was released almost 3 years ago. I didn't realize it was free now, wow, absolutely the best free game you can get. Sorry for posting a free game but it's still one of my best value for money games.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Infinity Blade 1 has gotten over 50 hours from me, while 2 got over 100 hours, and im sure 3 even more.

MHP2G now has 151 hours from me, but then i paid $26 for it.

Polara. Finished it 3 times (each on different idevice), but havent 100% the second and third.

EPOCH.2 finished twice, and still havent finished Hardcore mode.

Boson X and Super Hexagon are still my go-to skill-based games.

Other titles that i have gotten the best value from. These are my most played games that i've had over multiple devices and spent at least 20-30 hours on each:
    Limbo
    Slayin
    Bardbarian (although this one turned freemium, but a well-balanced one)
    Phoenix HD
    KOTOR
    Demons Score
    Heroes of Loot
    Unmechanical
    Castle Doombad
    Fireball SE

12. Blitz1

Blitz1 New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Does MH4g support ipod touch 4th generation? Also does it have an english option in settings?

13. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Bastion - one of the best ARPGs ever made. Played through it a handful of times.

Space Miner - just amazing. Possibly the best game developed for the AppStore ever. I never get tired of it and it never leaves any Apple product I own.

Stealth inc - the game itself is amazing. The UGC just adds so many levels and so much to the game.

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Minecraft PE - best to play with friends, had a lot of fun with this game
    Infinity Blade III - never get tired of playing this console quality game
    Final Fantasy Tactics: WoTL - Just finished this game and i will definitely play this over and over again.

I also loved

TWEWY
    Bastion
    Final Fantasy IV, V, VI
    Terraria
    Badland
    Bloons TD 5
    Plague Inc.
    GTA: San Andreas and Vice City
    Leo's Fortune
    Hitman GO
    Rayman Jungle Run
    Modern Combat 4

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    So many people don't seem to know what 'three' is. ;)