Is the gameloft MLG tournament legitimate?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by handintoaster, Nov 21, 2012.

1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Gameloft has been advertising it's xperia mobile gaming arena tournament in nova 3/modern combat. Basically, there's a phase of the tournament every few weeks and the winner of a phase is supposed to get $250 for getting 1st $150 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd. So I decided to try it out and spend countless hours playing and finished in 1st/2nd place (I was really close to 1st probably by a hundred kills the last time I was able to check) and finished with about twelve thousand and something kills. That was on Oct. 7th and I have yet to get notified on winning... Official rules said I should have been notified within seven days of winning. So I emailed MLG support and they say it takes time to get results back from the publisher. So I waited and emailed again. Now they are saying they are holding off on prizing for them to investigate a few players. I honestly doubt it takes 44 days to investigate if players were cheating and I assume they will keep making excuses. So do you think this tournament is just a xperia phone advertisement that has no intention of awarding players or do you think I will eventually recieve my money?

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah it's legit.