OOTP Baseball coming to iPhone, iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tomheroes, Aug 27, 2010.

1. tomheroes

tomheroes Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    For anyone who is a fan of sports simulations games, you will be excited to know that one of the best baseball simulation games - Out of the Park (OOTP) is coming to the iPhone, iPod and iPad. I just received an email from the developers (I play the PC version and get emails about new products, sales, etc...). Here it is:

"We're proud to announce that we have begun the development of iOOTP, a version of Out of the Park Baseball for the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad! We've added a new developer, Sebastian Palkowski, who is working on iOOTP full-time as we speak. Please welcome Sebastian to the team. You may see him on the forums as "palli". iOOTP will offer full Major League rosters, fictional leagues, select historical leagues, full-featured career play, a great play-by-play mode and most importantly, a lot of fun. The game is designed to offer a fast and easy way to exprience the power of the OOTP baseball simulation game engine. We anticipate a Spring 2011 release for our first iPhone game! The iPad version will be released a few weeks later."

This is great news for us gamers who find more enjoyment from building the team as opposed to playing the games. Now all I need is for Football Mogul to come to the ipad and I will be ecstatic.

Here is a link to the OOTP site if you are not familiar with their products.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com

2. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I just got an email from them that the game is definitely coming along but no screen shots to show yet. Can't wait.

3. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I can't believe I never saw this post,I for one am truly excited about this one. If you are not familiar with OOTP and feel a little unsure about this one then I challenge you to go and try their PC/mac version. You will be blown away!

4. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
  5. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    how do you play this game?

6. ErkB729

ErkB729 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    it's a baseball game where you manage a team. there is no actual gameplay, like batting a pitching. you are the manager. the pc version is AMAZING

7. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    what makes it so good?

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    It's like a sim or a tycoon or maybe a mix. You need to control every aspect of the season. I mean everything from line-ups; rosters; pitching rotations; but even including concessions; marketing; etc. I am really looking forward to this! Any word on release?

9. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    From what I understand the developers are expecting it to be out towards the end of April as an iPhone/iTouch game with HD support for the iPad coming later on as part of an update.

10. OOTP Developments

OOTP Developments Well-Known Member

11. rmouse26

rmouse26 Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Nice I really liked the championship manager games on the PC looking forward to this one as long as you can take it with you anywhere.

12. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Sorry to threadjack - but if you liked CM on PC, have you tried Football Manager Handheld on the iPhone? ... it plays very similarly to the early CM games (ie. 01-02).